[ Truyện Tiếng Anh] A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale

Thảo luận trong 'Thư giãn, giải trí' bởi novelonline, 16/8/2016.

1. novelonline

novelonline Bắt đầu nổi tiếng

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 20

Stella couldn’t keep her eyes open. She squeezed them tightly shut as the pleasure took over. Fireworks were going off behind her eyes. Over and over he sucked and flicked the hard bud in his mouth. When Stella thought the pleasure couldn’t get any better, he bit down and tugged the bud between his teeth. She felt tingling shocks of pleasure all the way to her toes.

With one final suck, he let the nipple fall from his mouth with a pop before moving his focus to the other rose colored bud. After effectively loving that one with the same amount of attention; he started to work down the rest of her body with achingly slow movements.

Alex kissed and nipped her stomach, stopping only to dip his tongue into her navel. He kissed her from hip to hip. When he finally reached the top of her panties, Stella was sure his breath alone was going to make her come.

“Your scent is intoxicating, Stella. I need to know if you taste as sweet as you smell.” He hooked his fingers in the sides of her panties and yanked them down, stopping at mid-thigh. “I can’t wait any longer.” That was the only warning Stella received before Alex leaned in and ran his tongue along her wet folds.”

Pure pleasure shot through Stella. “You taste so damn good, Stella. I’m never going to get enough of you.” He sucked her clit into his mouth and she melted. His tongue ran a line from her clit, down to her opening, before finally darting in and exploring the inner walls of her pussy.

Over and over, he worshipped her with his mouth; bringing her to the edge, only to back off just before he took her all the way over. His tongue slid back up her swollen lips and once again found her bundle of nerves. “Yes, right there. Oh.” He sucked her clit into his mouth again just as he slipped a finger into her pussy.

“Jesus, Stella. You are so tight. You’re squeezing my finger with the best kind of pressure.” He made one more drawn out thrusting motion with his finger, before completely removing it. Stella started to protest the absence, when he slid two fingers back into her.

“Yes, fuck me with your fingers, just like that.” And when Alex’s mouth came down over her once again, she was lost to the sensations. Stella came so hard, she wasn’t sure if she would ever move again. She thrashed back and forth while Alex kept up his assault on her senses, until the final contraction left her body.

“I could listen to you come all day, Stella.” She could only lay there, breathless and reveling in her sensual high. The bed dipped; Stella opened her eyes to see Alex frantically pulling his T-shirt over his head. His jeans and boxers came off in one smooth motion.

All Stella could do was stare at the gorgeous man standing so gloriously naked in front of her. Seeing him in his bathroom this morning had nothing on the vision he made now. His broad shoulders, muscular chest, and lean waist all called to the very female part of her that wanted him buried deep inside her. His cock was turned up toward his stomach and Stella’s mouth watered to taste him against her tongue.

“Come here.” Finally finding her voice, she kicked off her panties the rest of the way. He gave her a knowing smile and walked back toward the bed. He was half way back when Stella scrambled off the bed, kneeling in front of him as gracefully as her body would allow. She was still shaky from the first orgasm she had had in years.

Catching him by surprise gave Stella an advantage. She placed her hands on his hips to steady her, then wrapped her mouth around his thick cock and sucked it all the way down to the root. “Ahh… easy, Stella. Oh…that’s so….ahh.” Hearing his babbling made Stella double her efforts. “I want to be inside you when I come. Please… that’s going to make me come.” She pulled back with enough suction to draw his balls up tight against his body.

“Next time I will taste you as you come down my throat, but for now, this will have to hold me over.” She gripped his shaft around the base with one hand, stroking up and down while her other hand moved to fondle his sack. She swirled her tongue around the head of his cock, tasting the drop of pre-cum glistening on the tip, in a dance meant to drive him crazy.

“Ohhh…you’re good at this.” The approval in Alex’s voice spurred her on and she sucked him all the way in and down her throat. She bobbed up and down, memorizing every vein on her way.

“Enough.”

Alex pulled from her mouth and had both of them back on the bed, kissing her with renewed passion seconds later. She could feel his cock pulsing against her inner thigh and no amount of moving was getting him closer to where she needed him. “Alex, I need you inside me.”

“I’m right there with you, Baby.” And with that, he leaned up, grabbed his cock in hand, and positioned the head at her opening. There was no finesse in his next move. Alex pushed into her with one deep thrust; all the way to the hilt.

Stella let out a whimper of pain, before the pleasure of being so filled by this man took over. “So tight… sorry, not gonna last!” With his grunted declaration, Alex started moving. He thrust into her hard and fast, and Stella was already there with him.

“Yes, just like that. Harder, fuck me harder, Alex.” As if her words were all the permission he needed, Alex began thrusting harder and deeper than before. He did a little swivel with his hips and hit her sweet spot.

“That’s going to make me come.” He did it again and again. Taking her to a place she didn’t know that she could handle. Stella threw her arms around him, clutching his back. He would probably have scratches on his back tomorrow, but right now, she didn’t care.

Alex’s movements became frantic and when he stilled, Stella felt him pulsing inside her. Alex’s orgasm set off her own. He gave a few more pumps of his hips, making sure he got every last ounce of pleasure from her body.

They both lay there, trying to catch their breaths. As if it pained him to break their connection, Alex withdrew from Stella’s tender body and rolled her to her side. He pulled her tight against his chest, while absently rubbing his hand up and down her back.

“Stella? Are you ok? I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

The concern in his voice touched her, and she wanted to reassure him that she was fine, but the only thing that came out was a small moan.

“Is that a no?”

Again there was another moan.

“Are you tired?”

“Mmmm,” was her only response.

He kissed her cheek, pulled the covers over both of them, and once again pulled her close to him. “Sleep now, Baby.”

She was asleep in seconds, with a smile on her face.

Chapter 12

Alex opened his eyes and blinked, then blinked again. Lying next to him, snoring softly against his chest was Stella. He still couldn’t believe it was real. After three years, he finally had Stella in his arms, and the panic he expected to come never did. Whether their relationship would go past this one time— which it damn well better after last night—remained to be seen. But he would have no regrets.

Last night had been amazing; more than amazing; more than he could have ever asked for. Sometime after Alex had fallen asleep, Stella had woken him up with her mouth once again wrapped tightly around his cock.

“Stella?” He had been in such a haze that he couldn’t tell if it was real or the best damn dream of his life. She only hummed, which sent the most wonderful vibrations straight to his balls.

Đang tải...

Các chủ đề tương tự:

2. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 21

“If this is a dream, I never want to wake up.” Stella pulled off of him with a pop and laughed.

“Do you often dream of me waking you up with a blow job?” The husky rasp in her voice was more prominent in her sleepy state.

“More than you’d think. Only this time, I’m hoping the ending is in your mouth and not my hand.” Alex watched as Stella’s eyes went from laughing to pure lust in the blink of an eye.

That had been the last words spoken between them, other than a “Fuck!” from Alex as he came. True to her word, he came deep in her throat and she licked and sucked him dry. Stella had then moved back into the circle of his arms and fell back to sleep.

Now with the hazy morning light pouring through the window of his bedroom, all Alex could do was wonder what he had done to deserve this woman.

He glanced at the clock and saw that it was seven thirty. Not wanting to wake her just yet, he gently removed her head from his chest. She made the cutest protest, then fell back to sleep. He headed out of the bedroom and used the hall bathroom so as not to disturb her. After taking a quick shower, he would make her breakfast and they could finish the conversation they were having last night.

The bathroom door opened and soft hands were rubbing up and down his back seconds later. “Good morning.”

Alex turned so that he was now facing Stella. He bent down to capture her lips in a quick kiss, but the kiss took on a life of its own. Both of them were all hands and lips and teeth. Finally pulling apart, they stood there trying to catch their breaths. “That’s one hell of a good morning kiss.”

Stella laughed. “It would have been better if I could have brushed my teeth first.”

“No amount of morning breath could make me want to stop kissing you.” Alex had Stella wrapped in his arms and it just felt right; his very hard erection rubbing against her stomach.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Stella asked.

“You looked so cute lying there snoring, that I didn’t have the heart to wake you. I was going to cook breakfast then come wake you up.” Alex couldn’t stop nuzzling her neck and giving it small kisses as he was talking to her.

Stella gave him a playful smack on the arm. “I do not snore. As for breakfast, I’ll just grab a granola bar before I leave for work. You don’t need to go to all that trouble.”

Alex put his index finger under her chin and tilted her head up so she could look at him. “It is not a problem for me to cook you breakfast. Nothing could make me happier. You’ll just have to get used to me taking care of you.” And just to prove his point, he let his hands glide down over her slick skin, until he reached his destination.

Stella let out a surprised gasp as Alex moved his finger in lazy circles over her already sensitive nub. “Breakfast would be fantastic, and I’ll try to be more grateful next time, just don’t stop doing that.” Stella’s words made him smile.

“Good girl. And, I couldn’t stop if I wanted to.” Alex picked up the speed and pressure of his finger. Moments later, Stella shattered in his arms. He didn’t stop moving his finger until he felt the last of her orgasm subside. Once she was able to stand on her own again, he moved her body under the spray of water and helped her clean up.

“I think it’s your turn.” Stella was reaching for Alex, but he stopped her.

“I promised you breakfast, and if you touch me, we won’t leave the bathroom for hours.” Stella frowned. He kissed her to take away some of the hurt his words had obviously caused. “There are sweats in my bottom drawer and T-shirts in the second. I’ll start breakfast while you get dressed.” With that, Alex turned off the shower and wrapped Stella in a towel. After giving her one more all-consuming kiss, he smacked her butt to get her moving in the direction of his bedroom.

Several minutes later, while he was chopping onions, Stella came into the kitchen wearing his favorite T-shirt and a pair of sweats that were dangerously close to falling off. “I’ll think of you every time I wear those now.”

“Who said you’re getting them back? They’re very comfy.” Stella propped herself up on the counter and watched him finish cutting up all the vegetables.

“I’ll get them back; even if I have to strip you myself.” He gave her a playful smile and went back to getting the omelets started.

“You’d have to catch me first.” Stella hopped off the counter and was now on the opposite side of the island from him.

“Oh Stella, do you really think this is going to end well for you? I mean, I would hate for you to have to walk to your apartment naked.”

“I’m sure a few of our neighbors wouldn’t mind,” Stella taunted him.

“No one is to see you naked but me.” Alex felt like a cave man, but she was his, damn it.

“You are mighty possessive this morning. Like a little kid with a new toy.” Stella grinned at him while pretending to stretch.

“What are you doing?”

“I wouldn’t want to pull a muscle while you try to catch me. I could be running a while. You might want to try it, too.”

Alex turned the stove off then turned back to her. And just like that, he lunged to grab her. With a very girlish squeal, Stella took off toward the living room. Alex caught up to her and tackled her onto the couch, landing so that he was on bottom to cushion her fall. “No fair. These clothes are too big on me.”

“Quit making excuses and let me have my prize.” Alex was tugging on the drawstring of the sweat pants, when Stella shoved at his hands and turned around to straddle him.

“Now who has who at a disadvantage?” Stella taunted him while he tried to buck her off. Stella’s hands landed above his head to steady her when she fell forward.

“Well, if this is how a disadvantage feels, I like it a lot.” Alex was leaning forward to play with her nipple through the T-shirt, when he realized she was no longer laughing. He pulled back and looked up. Stella sat up and looked like she had seen a ghost.

“Stella? What’s wrong? Did I hurt you when you fell forward?” It was only then that Alex noticed something in her hand. Stella was holding a pair of women’s underwear in her left hand.

“Oh shit! Stella, I’m sorry. I don’t know where those came from.” Stella was just staring at a spot on the wall, not saying anything. Alex slowly sat up, making sure not to hurt her legs as he moved them both to sit on the couch.

“Stella, whose ever those are, I don’t have anything to do with them now. They were before us. I’m sorry you found those, but I wasn’t exactly a virgin before we slept together last night.” Alex was waiting for her to give him a clue as to how she was feeling because he felt like he was drowning. Finally she broke the silence.

“Here,” she thrust the panties at him and stood up, “I need to go home and get ready for work.” And with that, she turned around and headed for the door.

Alex sat frozen, and then realized what she had said and he yelled after her. “Stella, wait. Let’s talk about this.” But his words were wasted on the door, which was now closed behind her.

Chapter 13

“Damn you, Kevin.” Stella had made it back inside her apartment and locked the door. Then because she knew Alex would use his key, she threw the chain on.

3. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 22

When Stella had woken up this morning in Alex’s bed alone, she started to worry. Then she had heard the shower and all was right in her world again. Her muscles were sore in the most delicious way, and all the fear she had the last few days just fell away.

They had played in the shower, he cooked breakfast, and they laughed and joked like they always did. Stella thought nothing could break the spell they were under, until she found those underwear. All at once, every insecurity came flooding back. She was back in that house three years ago, staring at such betrayal.

She knew it wasn’t fair to Alex, but the longer she sat there, the more it hurt. If she hadn’t left his apartment that second, she might have said something she could never take back.

Just then, Alex started banging on her door. “Stella? Come on, open the door. It’s freezing out here.” Stella heard his key slide into the door, but when he tried to push it open the chain caught.

“Go away, Alex. I want to be alone.”

“We need to talk about this, and if I have to stand here talking through this two inch space I will. So stop being stubborn and just open the door.” Alex had slipped his hand in, but couldn’t get the chain undone.

“Talk all you want, I’m going to get ready for work.” Stella walked to her bedroom, Alex yelling at her the whole time. When she finally heard him call out, “I’ll be back” Stella sat on the edge of her bed and let the tears fall. Before she knew it, it had turned into a full body sob.

She didn’t know how long she sat there crying, but when warm arms wrapped around her and pulled her down on to the bed, she cried harder.

“It’s ok, Baby. Let it go. I’ve got you.” Alex’s sweet words set off a whole new set of water works. He was being so nice to her, even after how awful she had been to him this morning.

Finally getting herself under control enough to talk she asked, “How did you get in here?”

“I had some bolt cutters in my apartment from when Kyle’s crazy ex chained herself to his front porch. You’re going to need a new chain.” That got her to smile.

“I’m sorry.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for. I understand.” Alex was rubbing up and down her back in a soothing motion.

Stella sat up, wanting him to listen. “Don’t do that. It’s not ok. I shouldn’t have reacted that way. I know you’ve been with other people and seeing those panties should have been no big deal.” She took a cleansing breath. “Until I saw those, I thought I was over everything Kevin did. But seeing those brought it all flooding back and made me panic. If something like that happened again, I wouldn’t survive it.”

Alex sat up and was once again holding her. “I’m not Kevin. I would never betray you like he did. If I could erase those memories for you I would. I would do anything for you, Stella.”

“I know you’re not him. I just can’t help but feel like one day you’ll wake up and realize I’m not a girly girl or a model or anything like you are used to.” Alex let her go and stood up. She instantly missed his warmth.

“Damn it, Stella. I want you. I want YOU! I don’t know how many ways I can say that to you before it pierces that incredibly thick skull of yours.” Alex sounded sincere, but her emotions were still too fresh.

“You know what; some of us come with baggage. Not all of us grew up in the perfect family and had the perfect life. And if you can’t handle that some of mine may pop up every now and then, then this,” she gestured between them, “doesn’t need to happen.”

Stella started to head to her bathroom, but strong arms grabbed her before she could make her escape. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled. And I shouldn’t have said what I did.” Alex placed a kiss to the back of her neck.

“You are going to have to be patient with me, Alex. I’m trying here, but I can’t change overnight.”

“I know. And if you would refer to what I said last night, I will screw up. You just have to put me in my place.” He turned her in his arms and looked her in the eyes. “But Stella, you can’t run every time something comes up or we disagree. That solves nothing, and I can’t fix things if you’re not here.”

Stella let the tension go and melted into Alex. “Old habits….” She left the sentence unfinished.

“Let’s make a deal. I won’t push you any faster than you’re willing to go; and in return, you have to talk to me if something’s bothering you or you feel uncomfortable.”

“Deal.” Stella pushed up on her tiptoes and gave him a gentle kiss.

“Now that that’s settled, I’m going to go back and finish breakfast. Come back after you get dressed and I’ll feed you and kiss you before you have to leave me for the whole day.” Alex had the cutest sad puppy dog look on his face.

“Ok. Lindsay told me I couldn’t show my face at the studio before ten. I can think of a couple things to do to pass the time.” Stella gave a flirtatious lick of her lips.

“You are insatiable, woman.”

“You have no idea.” Alex left her room chuckling and shaking his head.

While getting ready, Stella thought about everything Alex had said. She knew Alex would never intentionally hurt her, but she couldn’t guarantee another freak out wouldn’t happen.

As she grabbed all her stuff to leave, her cell phone rang. When she finally found it, the name on the screen surprised her. “Lindsay? Is everything ok?”

“That depends. Are you walking funny?” Lindsay’s bluntness sometimes shocked Stella.

“No I’m not, but I have a whole lot of pep in my step.”

“Good. Stella…” Lindsay paused as if weighing what she wanted to say.

“What is it, Lindsay? You sound funny.”

“I…I wasn’t going to tell you, but then if you found out later that I didn’t tell you, I was afraid you’d be mad, so I figured I should call and tell you.” Stella was having a hard time keeping up with the fast pace babbling.

“Lindsay, just tell me. I’m not going to be mad at you.”

“When I got in this morning, there were a couple messages on the machine. One of them was from Heidi. I deleted it so you wouldn’t have to deal with them again.” Lindsay sounded so torn.

“I understand you want to protect me, Lindsay, and I’m not mad you did it. I would probably do the same thing for you. But I can’t keep running from this. I’m going to talk to Alex about what he thinks I should do, then me and you will discuss it when I get there.”

“So, you’re not mad at me?” How could Stella be mad at her?

“No, Lindsay. I’m not mad at you. I’ll be there a little before ten, and I’ll give you some of the dirty details of last night over lunch.”

“I want all of them. Remember, I’m living through you.” Finally, a laugh came from Lindsay.

“A lady never kisses and tells.” Stella couldn’t stop grinning at what she knew was coming.

“That’s why I asked you.” And there it was.

“I’ve got to go. Alex made me breakfast.”

“Him on a plate; that is the breakfast of champions.” After another laugh, they said their goodbyes.

“What took you so long? Your omelet is getting cold.” Alex gave her a peck on the cheek as she came into his kitchen.

4. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 23

“Lindsay called as I was heading out the door. She was having a dilemma.”

“What’s going on; something wrong at the studio?” Alex’s concern touched her.

“Apparently, when she was checking the messages this morning, I had one from Heidi. She deleted it, then felt bad and called to tell me about it. ” Stella started eating her omelet, hoping they could discuss this calmly.

“Why is Heidi calling? I figured you told them to go to hell after I left yesterday.” Alex didn’t sound happy.

“I gave them a packet that shows everything I offer. I didn’t think they would actually pick me to do this. Apparently, I was wrong. What do you think I should do?” Stella hated to turn away a client. Even if those clients were the scum of the Earth. Business was business, and if one of Kevin’s clients liked her pictures, it could lead to more.

Alex sighed. “It’s your business, Stella. I just want you to be happy. If you think you can do this then I say take their money, and smile while doing it.”

Stella couldn’t help it, she had to kiss him. “Thank you. I won’t do this if you will be uncomfortable, though. I don’t want my past to come between us anymore than it already has.”

Alex pulled her back against his chest. “Thank you for thinking of me. As long as you don’t let them walk all over you, I will be fine.”

They sat there and finished having breakfast and even made plans to have their first date Friday. She and Alex had made it through one disaster after another these last few days. Hopefully, it would be smooth sailing from here on out.

At 9:45, Stella walked into Picture Perfect. She had never felt this happy, or smiled this much in her life.

“Now that is a happy face. Where can I get one like that?” Lindsay came around the small desk by the front door.

“If I was a sharing person, I’d say Alex’s apartment. But I’m not, so you’ll have to find your own hunky sex slave.” Stella gave a blissful sigh and headed to her office.

“Sex slave, like you tied him up; kinky.”

“No you perv. I did not tie him up. It was an expression. Anyway, I don’t want to talk about that right now. If I do, I’ll be leaving and going to finish what we started in the shower this morning.” Stella mentally smacked herself. Apparently, amazing sex makes her brain to mouth filter a little faulty.

“I will get you to spill the beans, just as soon as we break for lunch.” Lindsay winked at Stella and headed back out front. After sorting through the mail on her desk, Stella sat down to make the phone call she was dreading most.

Luckily, nobody answered at Kevin and Heidi’s and she just left a message. “Hi, it’s Stella calling you back. If you’d like to go over details on times and locations just give me a call back before five. Talk to you soon. Bye.” Well, that was easy.

Stella’s intercom buzzed. “Stella, your ten o’clock is here.”

Getting up from her desk, Stella grabbed her camera and headed out to the main area. “Mr. and Mrs. Rodgers; how are you?”

“We are great, dear. Fred here isn’t too thrilled to be taking these pictures, but you only have one Fiftieth Anniversary and I want to remember it forever.” Edna Rodgers was looking at her husband with so much love; you’d think they were still newlyweds.

“Well, I will try to make this as painless as possible, Mr. Rodgers.” He gave her a small nod, and as Stella led them to the portrait area she couldn’t help but think this could be her and Alex one day.

It has been one day, Stella. Slow down; just because the man said he loves you, doesn’t mean forever. Kevin said the same thing, remember that. Stella tried to stop the horrible thoughts, but they kept creeping in.

After finishing up with the Rodgers, Stella had taken one year pictures of a little girl, and then six month pictures of another baby. All in all, it had been a great morning.

“Can we eat lunch now? I’m ready for juicy details, and I’m guessing so is your sister.” Lindsay had a wicked grin on her face.

“What do you mean my sister is, too?”

“She means I had her call me when you’d be taking lunch and I headed over here to see if all my hard work had paid off.” Stella whipped her head around to see Victoria standing in the doorway.

“You two are wrong in so many ways; especially you, Vicki.” Stella walked past them toward the break room.

“Well, out of the three of us, you are the only one having sex. So start spilling.” Vicki and Lindsay took the seats opposite Stella, and had their chins resting on their hands. They looked like kids looking out the window.

“I went to Alex’s apartment dressed in lingerie and a trench coat.” That was said for Lindsay’s benefit. “I went in, we talked, we had amazing mind-blowing, sex and we are together now. That is all I am going to say.” Stella sat back sipping her drink and smiling at their shocked faces.

“Oh no you don’t, I want down and dirty details; like size, shape, and orgasm count.” Vicki was practically drooling.

“Not going to happen.” Stella loved both of them, but she would not betray Alex by giving them all the details of their amazing night together.

“Ugh. You are so mean.” Lindsay looked like a toddler that had been told she couldn’t have a cookie.

“Go rent a dirty movie; or better yet, go find your own men to hump.”

“Men suck,” Lindsay muttered under her breath.

“Ditto,” Vicki piped in.

When both women realized they weren’t going to get any sex talk from Stella, they moved onto the relationship aspect. “So, how is this going to work? I mean you both already hang out together all the time. Is it just going to now include sex?” Stella sat and thought about it, and didn’t really know what to say.

“I guess. I mean this morning we showered together,” Stella winced at that admission when both women leaned forward, waiting for her to explain further, but she moved on, “then he made me breakfast and we chased each other around the apartment. Until I freaked out and went back to my apartment.” Damn it. Why did she keep spilling everything to them?

“What do you mean you freaked out? He didn’t hurt you, did he?” Lindsay asked the question with a weird look in her eyes.

“No nothing like that. When we were playing around I found a pair of panties stuffed in the couch, and had a flash back to Kevin. But Alex reassured me he would never do that and he got me calmed down.”

“Sweetie, not all men are assholes. I think Alex is one of the good ones.” Vicki wasn’t normally so lovey dovey about men; it kind of floored Stella.

“I agree. I’ve never seen him be anything but genuine.” Lindsay gave Stella a small smile.

“We’ll see.” They sat there, eating lunch and gossiping, when Stella’s phone rang. “Excuse me ladies, I need to take this in my office.”

“Come on….” Both of them gave her their most pleading look.

Stella just kept walking to her office and answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Have I told you lately how incredibly sexy I think your voice is, because I just got hard from you saying hello.” Alex sounded so seductive, and Stella started choking as she tried to swallow.

“Give a girl some warning next time. You almost made me swallow my tongue.”

5. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 24

“What fun would that be?” He was pleased with himself. Punk!

“Other than making my libido spike, was there a reason for this call?” Stella loved that they were still able to have their banter back and forth.

“I like your libido spiked, but I actually do have a reason for calling. My mom just called. Her and my dad wanted me to come to dinner Friday night at Sal’s.”

“That’s fine. We can make our date for another night.” Stella wouldn’t come between him and his family. Her family dinners were important to her, so she refused to interfere in his.

“I want you to come with me.”

“That’s your family time, Alex. I wouldn’t want to interfere.” In the three years they had known each other, she had never met his parents. She knew they had to be great because of the way he spoke of them with such love and affection, but they had just gotten together. It may be a little too soon for the meet the parents thing.

“Stella, you are my girlfriend. You wouldn’t be interfering; you’d be meeting my parents. I want you there, and so do they. After hearing me talk about you for three years, they were thrilled when I told them we are finally together.” He sounded so happy; she didn’t have the heart to refuse him.

“Ok. I’ll go. But I may need to go shopping. Sal’s is not really a jeans and T-shirt kind of place.” Stella could already feel what a bad idea this was.

“Stella, wear whatever you want. You look great in anything. I’m just happy you’re going.” Stella couldn’t stop the smile splitting her face in half.

“I’m happy, too. I’ve got to get back to lunch with the girls, but I’ll see you when I get home around six, ok?”

“Ok, I’ll see you then. Bye, Baby!”

“Bye.” Stella hung up and just stared at her phone. Alex calling her baby was going to take some getting used to, but she loved it all the same. She was just getting up to head back to the break room, when her office phone rang.

“Picture Perfect Studios; Stella speaking”

“Hey Stella, its Kevin.” Stella almost lost her lunch at just the sound of his voice.

“Hi Kevin, how can I help you?”

“I just wanted to give you the dates and times you’ll need; along with the package we think we want.” She could do this.

“Ok, go ahead.” After Kevin had told her all the information, she wanted nothing more than to hang up, but he had other ideas.

“So, have you and Alex set a date yet?” Ok, left field question, but she was not discussing anything but business.

“That’s not really something I want to talk about with you, Kevin. I am more than happy to talk about your wedding, but nothing further.” Stella hoped that would set everything straight.

“Of course, I’m sorry. I just wanted you to know I am happy for you.” Yeah, right.

“Thank you. I have a client that just walked in, so I should really get to work. I will call you to schedule your first appointment later this week.”

“That would be great. Thanks again, Stella.”

“You’re welcome. Goodbye.”

Stella hung up the phone and made her way back to Vicki and Lindsay. “Were you having phone sex? You were gone forever.”

“No, I got another call after I talked to Alex.”

“What did lover boy want? Can’t stand being away from you already?” Vicki was batting her eyelashes.

“He asked me to go to dinner with his parents Friday.”

“Meeting the parents already? And what did you say?” Lindsay looked at her curiously.

“I told him I’d go, but it is going to be at Sal’s. I don’t have anything to wear. I’m nervous enough meeting his parents. Now I have to worry about my wardrobe, too.”

“I’ll take care of your clothes, don’t worry.” Stella was so thankful for her sister.

“Thank you. Well, our next client will be here in a few minutes. I’m glad you stopped by, Vicki; even if you are a pain.” Stella gave her a wink, and Vicki stuck her tongue out at Stella.

“I’ll call you when I’m going to bring an outfit over.” Vicki hugged Stella. “Lindsay, call me about Friday night and we’ll go out.”

“You’ve got it.”

Stella went back to work and thought about how lucky she was to have all of these wonderful people in her life.

Chapter 14

“I changed my mind. Let me out here and I can walk back home. You go and have fun.” Alex ignored Stella’s attempt to get out of having dinner with his parents. Instead of letting her out, he reached over and grabbed her hand, placing a kiss to the back of it.

“It’s going to be fine, Stella. My parents are going to love you, so stop worrying.” Alex kept her hand in his, but placed it back on her lap.

“Easy for you to say; this is going to be a disaster. I’m not sophisticated enough for Sal’s. I don’t know what silverware does what.” He could feel her pulse racing, but that didn’t stop him from laughing.

“Stella, Sal’s isn’t that kind of place. Yes it’s a little fancier than some, but that’s not why my family goes there. We go because my dad is friends with the owner, and they are practically family.” He gave her hand another kiss.

“I feel sick.”

“There’s a bathroom there you can throw up in as soon as we get there.” Stella narrowed her eyes at him, and she gave a cute little growl.

“You will pay for this later.” Stella’s threat made him laugh again.

“I look forward to it.” Alex pulled up in front of Sal’s and went to get out of the car. However, Stella had a death grip on his hand.

“Please. I will do anything. I will never wear clothes again at the apartment if we leave right now.” Stella’s offer made Alex pause for only a couple of seconds, before he pried his hand out of hers.

“That’s very tempting, but we are still going in.” Alex finally made it to her side of the car, only to find the door locked. Too bad for her he had anticipated her juvenile move and clicked the button to unlock the door.

As Alex handed his keys to the valet, he was all but dragging Stella at his side. “Stella, really, it’s not that bad; it’s food and conversation. It’s not like they’re going to ask for your medical and financial background.

As they went through the front doors, Stella had finally given up and was walking next to him. “Gray, party of four,” Alex said to the maître d.

“Of course Mr. Gray; the rest of your party is already seated. Please follow me.” With only a small tug to get Stella moving again, they headed into the main dining area.

“Here we are, Mr. Gray.”

“Thank you, Thomas.” The maître d gave a tip of his head and walked away.

As they were approaching the table his parents had started to stand. “Mom, Dad this is Stella Howe. Stella, this is my mom, Dawn, and my dad, Bill.” He could feel her shaking, but she stuck her hand out to greet them.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Gray.” Instead of shaking her hand, his dad rounded the table and pulled her into a big bear hug. Stella’s shocked expression was priceless.

“Oh, Honey, Mr. and Mrs. Gray were my parents. Please call us Dawn and Bill. I’m so glad we are finally meeting you. Although, I feel like I already know you from the way my son talks about you all the time.

6. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 25

Alex just rolled his eyes at his dad. “Bill, let the poor girl breathe.” Alex’s mom was now standing next to them. “Sorry, dear, he’s harmless. He just never has been able to help himself around beautiful women.” His mom gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek. “I’m very glad to meet you.”

“Thank you.” Stella had two pink spots on her cheeks, but seemed to have relaxed a bit. He pulled out her chair and she sat down.

Alex made his way around the table to hug and kiss his mom, then give his dad a hug. “Have you been waiting long?”

“No. We had only been here ten minutes or so when you arrived.”

“Sorry we are late. It was my fault.” Stella was looking down at her hands. Alex took his seat and rested his hand on her leg to calm her.

“You aren’t late. We women need our time getting ready. And I imagine you were nervous about coming here tonight.” Stella jerked her head up to look at his mom.

“I’m not a mind reader, dear. I just know that the first time I went to meet Bill’s parents, I tried to jump out of the car at a light.” Alex loved his mom. She always knew what to say.

Alex saw Stella let the rest of the tension leave her body as she laughed. “So then you won’t be offended that I tried to lock myself in the car when we got here?”

His parents both laughed and shook their heads. “No, I’m still shocked you are here at all. Alex has never brought a woman to meet us, but I’m very glad he brought you.”

Stella turned to stare at him. “Never?”

Her one word held so many questions, so he gave her hand a reassuring squeeze and said, “I’ve never found the right person to bring with me, until now.” He could no longer hold back, he leaned in and gave her a brief kiss.

“Good evening folks. My name is Trent, and I’ll be your waiter this evening. Can I get you all a drink to start with?” As the waiter walked away to get their drinks, Alex leaned over to tell Stella what was good to eat. The waiter was back a short time later to take their orders. Once he left, it was time for the “get to know you” portion of the evening.

“So Stella,” his dad said, “Alex has told us you have your own photography studio. I’ve actually seen some of your work. You did the pictures for my friends’ grandson, and he was of course showing them off at work.”

“Thank you. Yes, Picture Perfect keeps me busy, but I love it. Baby shoots are my favorite. Seeing the babies progress and grow between each session makes me smile.” Stella had a look on her face, one Alex had never seen before; almost like a longing for a baby of her own.

“Yes, babies always do seem to bring out the best in people.” Alex’s mom had hopefulness in her voice and he narrowed his eyes at her. She only laughed.

“Alex, don’t get grumpy. I’m not asking for grandbabies right now.” Dawn gave Stella a wink when she started choking on her drink. “I’m just saying babies are great, and you are my only child; so therefore, my only hope to bounce babies on my knee again. And we all know I’m not getting any younger.”

“You are still as beautiful as the day I met you, Sweetheart.” Alex’s dad gave his mom a kiss across her knuckles. “Now, stop teasing Alex and Stella. We don’t need to scare off the first girl he introduces us to.”

Alex sat back and watched the love his parents had for one another. He could only hope to be as happy as they were after thirty years together.

Alex knew of horror stories about how some kids grew up. He had been fortunate enough to be born to two of the most loving parents in the world.

As an only child, he had never felt alone. His parents were always there for him; whether it was to help with homework, take him to sporting events or practices, or just to talk to.

Anyone looking at his family would have thought it looked like a cheesy Fifties TV show. Alex was ok with that, because he never went a single day without feeling loved.

His dad had worked hard and ran his own landscaping business. He still always had time for Alex, though. He coached Little League and made all of Alex’s football games.

Dawn Gray was the quintessential housewife. There were always fresh baked cookies and laundry hanging on the lines outside. She was a small woman, but she was a spitfire if you made her mad. She could cut a grown man down to size with a smile on her face.

Where his dad was quieter, his mom was the opinionated one. His parents had shown him how a marriage should be, and Alex could only hope he could pass that on to his children one day; children with striking green eyes and a heart of gold.

“I see he still has an attention problem.” All of them laughed as Bill poked fun at his son. Alex snapped himself back to the present.

“Sorry. My mind was wandering. What were you saying?”

“We were asking Stella about some photo shoots coming up. I’m guessing Valentine’s Day is a busy day for you?” Alex could see Stella start to tense up again.

“Yes it is. I’m actually taking pictures of a wedding that day.”

“Oh how wonderful,” and it was then that his mom noticed Stella didn’t seem at all happy about it, “or maybe not so wonderful?”

Alex didn’t want Stella to have to explain all the dirty details, so he answered for her. “The wedding is between Stella’s ex-boyfriend and her ex-friend.”

Alex pleaded with his eyes for his mom to drop the subject, and she thankfully took the hint. “Well, I think it’s great you are the bigger person. Obviously, they know you have talent and want your lovely photographs to capture the day.” Alex’s dad was always good at putting people at ease.

“Thank you, Bill. That’s very sweet.”

“Sweet, my dear, is those cookies you sent with Alex to our house for Christmas. It seems you have many talents. Most important of which is making my son happy.”

Again color stained Stella’s cheeks. “Thank you. He makes me pretty happy, too.” Stella smiled at him and his heart stopped. “And I will make sure to send some more cookies your way soon.”

“You can personally bring them when you come to the house for dinner. I would love to get to know you better, Stella.” Alex sat back and grinned. His parents were just as in love with Stella as he was.

The rest of the evening consisted of embarrassing stories of Alex as a kid, and other small talk. They all went outside to get in their cars and say their goodnights. “It was such a pleasure to meet you, Stella. I will look forward to seeing you again.” His mom hugged Stella tight and kissed her on the cheek.

“Yes, Alex will let you know when we get together for dinner, and I will be looking forward to those cookies.” His dad gave her another bear hug and wink.

“I had a great time meeting you. I will see you soon.” After a quick goodbye to his parents, Alex helped Stella into his car.

“I think my dad is smitten with you. If I didn’t know how in love my parents are, I’d be afraid he was going to steal you away.” Stella waved her hand around in the air.

“They were just being polite. Although, your dad is very charming, and your mom is something else.”

“Honey, my parents are polite, but if they didn’t like you, they wouldn’t have invited you to their house for dinner. And yes, they are both characters.” Alex pulled away from the restaurant and headed home.

7. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 26

The drive back to Spring Towers was a quiet one. Alex had never brought a girl to meet his parents and he didn’t really know how Stella felt about the whole night.

“Is everything ok? You’ve been really quiet.” Alex took Stella’s coat from her. They had just walked into his apartment out of the cold and he wanted to warm her up.

“Tonight was better than I could have imagined. Your parents are amazing. Your dad is charming and very sweet, and your mom is so full of life and mischief. I love it.” Stella paused then looked him straight in the eyes. “I love you, Alex.”

Alex stood frozen. He had wanted to hear her say those words for so long, and now that she had there was only one thing he wanted to do. “I love you, too, Stella.” He brushed his lips across hers softly. “I want to make love to you.”

“Yes,” was the only word she got out; Alex didn’t waste time heading to the bedroom. He pulled Stella down onto the couch.

“This outfit has been doing bad things to my body all night; especially, right here.” Alex kissed along the barest amount of cleavage that was showing from her sexy red sweater. “It’s like your shirt wanted to let your breasts out to play, but they wanted to hide.”

“You can thank Vicki. She picked it out.”

“I’ll be sure to do her next website upgrade for free then.” Alex kept kissing along the vee of her shirt. Then when that was no longer enough, he pulled her shirt over her head. “I need to see you.”

Just as Alex was going to lay Stella back down, she maneuvered them so that she was on top. “You got to explore my body last time. I think it’s only fair I get to do some exploring of my own.” Stella was running her hands up and down his chest and stomach, igniting a line of fire straight to his hardening cock that she was sitting on.

Alex placed his hands behind his head and grinned at Stella. “Do your worst.”

Alex watched as Stella sat up enough to lift the bottom of his shirt to his chest. She leaned down and placed a kiss and a lick to first one nipple then the other. Alex inhaled sharply and tried to stop himself from grabbing her.

“I see I’m not the only one with sensitive nipples. Good to know.” Stella seemed so proud of herself for finding one of his weaknesses. He would let her have her fun for now.

“I’ll get you back for that.”

“I look forward to it.” Stella threw his words back at him from earlier, and then she got back to her sensual mapping of his chest. After she had placed a few more kisses to his chest, she started moving lower. “You don’t know how long I’ve wanted to run my tongue along your abs. It may actually be an obsession at this point.”

“You can run your tongue along anything you’d like, Baby.” Alex didn’t know how he was going to survive Stella doing it. But if it would make her happy, he would just have to get control over his body.

With the first swipe of her tongue along the top of his abs, Alex almost came in his dress pants. “Mmmmm…” Stella continued down, until she had mapped and licked every peak and valley of his stomach.

When she got to the edge of his pants, she looked up at him with so much desire, he was paralyzed. “Lift up.” As if his body was being controlled by her voice alone, he lifted his hips. Stella undid the button, and then pulled down his pants and boxers all in one move.

Finally getting his body under control enough to sit up, he removed his shirt and threw it on the pile of clothes. Alex lay back down on the couch. Stella was sitting back staring at his body with such open admiration. “Damn, you are hot.”

Her open and honest statement warmed Alex. “You’re not so bad yourself, Sweetheart.”

Like she always did when given a compliment, Stella blushed. “Thank you, but I’ll never compare to your Greek God body.” Alex could see the doubts still in her eyes. He pulled her down on to his chest and gave her a kiss that she would not soon forget. When he was sure she wouldn’t be able to do anything but listen, he sat her back up on his lap.

“You are perfect, Stella. I love your body, and I am two seconds away from throwing you down on the floor and burying myself deep inside you. So please, never doubt my feelings for you or your body.”

“I’m sorry. I’ll shut up now.” Stella was already moving further down his body again.

“Apology accepted. And please don’t shut up. I’m going to want to hear you screaming my name later. Ow.” Stella had bitten his hip after his last comment.

“We’ll see who’s the one screaming.” And as if to make her point, she ran the tip of her tongue from the root to the tip of his rock hard cock.

“Ohhhh….” The one word was all Alex could get out before Stella wrapped her kiss-swollen lips around him and sucked. Going no further than the head, she bobbed up and down, making little swipes on the sensitive skin under the head.

“You taste so good, but I think I need to taste more.” Alex was still processing her words as she swallowed the rest of his cock into her mouth. All he could do was lay there and receive the single greatest blowjob of his life. If Stella had a gag reflex, she hid it well because she never let up. Alex was so close, but he didn’t want to come in Stella’s mouth. Not this time.

With as much will power as he could, Alex pulled out of Stella’s mouth. “I don’t want to come in your mouth. Not now. I want to make love to you, Stella.” She was looking between his face and his cock as if trying to decide what to do. Then she brought her eyes back to his.

“Make love to me, Alex.”

Alex didn’t say anything. He grabbed Stella by the back of the neck and brought her down on his chest again. This kiss was a gentler one, but still had all the love and lust they both felt. Turning so that Stella was on bottom, Alex pulled off of her lips enough to rest his forehead on hers. “I’ve never wanted someone this much in my life. I love you, Stella.”

“I love you, too.” He kissed the tip of her nose and each eyelid. Then, without thinking twice, he moved down her body. After undoing the front clasp of her bra, he took one hard peak in his mouth and sucked. “Alex!”

“I told you you’d be screaming my name. Ow!” Stella had smacked him on the back of the head. “Be nice or I may just stop right now.” His words would have probably had more effect if he weren’t smiling up at her.

“You stop and you’ll pay.”

Alex’s response to her threat was to suck her other nipple into his mouth. He could feel Stella’s body tensing beneath his hands and knew she was close just from the stimulation to her nipples. He was so close himself. His hands popped the button on her pants and pushed them off, along with her underwear. He had his mouth on her wet folds seconds later. As soon as the flat of his tongue put pressure on her clit, Stella detonated.

Alex didn’t let up until the last spasm left her body. Even then he continued to lick and suck up all her juices. “You taste so good, Stella. Now I want to feel your tight pussy squeezing me.”

Alex moved up her body, running his hands over the sexy curve of her hips, and then slowly sheathed himself in her tight channel. “You feel fucking fantastic.” Alex couldn’t stay still any longer. He pulled back until just the head was in Stella, and then slammed home again. Over and over he tortured them both until he felt Stella tightening around him.

8. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 27

“Alex…yes…just like…mmmmm” Alex kissed her hard as he picked up his pace. Stella was right there with him, meeting him thrust for thrust, until it was too much for both of them.

“Stella.” Alex said her name like a curse as he came so hard he saw spots behind his eyelids. Stella shouted his name seconds later and fell to the couch, with Alex right on top of her.

Alex rolled both of them to the floor to give them more room. As soon as he caught his breath, a thought made Alex sit up with a start. “What’s wrong?”

Alex had to fight for control over his breathing. “It’s a little late to be asking this and thinking about it, but…” Alex rubbed a hand down his face. “Stella we didn’t use protection, this time or last. Are you protected? I mean, I’ve been tested; and I’ve always used protection, but I…” Stella cut him off with a hand over his mouth.

When she removed her hand, the look on her face told him all he needed to know. “No, Alex I’m not.” Stella let out a sigh. “I haven’t been with anybody since Kevin. I didn’t even think about it. I guess neither one of us did.” She was worrying her bottom lip and not making eye contact.

Alex felt like an ass. He made her think he was going to be mad and expecting her to take all the precautions, when he was to blame as well. “Stella, look at me.”

Luckily, she did as he asked. “I’m not mad, Stella. This was just as much my fault as it was yours. If for some reason you were to get pregnant, I’m not going to go running for the hills. I hope you know me better than that?”

Stella looked down again. “I guess we’ve never really talked about kids before when we were hanging out. Then again, why would we? We were just friends. I mean, do you even want kids? I know I do, but some men don’t, and I don’t know where you stand on the subject, and…” Stella was rambling like she always did when she got nervous. Alex kissed her to shut her up.

“Stella, take a breath. No, we never talked about it. Yes, I do want children someday, and I’m glad you do, too. But since we just started seeing each other officially, I’ll stop by the store tomorrow and get condoms.” Stella gave him an evil little grin.

“So I guess we aren’t going to have round two tonight?” Alex had never put his pants on faster. After getting all his clothes back on, he bent to give Stella a kiss and drove as fast as he could to the store on the corner.

On his way back, he ran through their conversation about children. He waited for the panic to set in; the panic that he could have gotten Stella pregnant already. When it didn’t come, he relaxed. Life with Stella would never be boring, and he could handle a few little girls just like her running around.

Chapter 15

Three weeks had passed, and Stella was still happier than ever. If she and Alex weren’t working, they were together; normally naked and sweaty. It wasn’t all about sex, though. He was kind, sweet, and even brought her flowers one day last week. He had gone to Saturday dinner at her father’s house and survived her father’s interrogation. He didn’t even flinch under her father’s stare.

The best word to describe her life right now was perfect. She had slowed down at work; only taking on what she could handle, and had even hired a part time photographer.

Stella was sitting at her desk, loving her life, when her cell phone rang. “Hello?”

“So, there is this rumor going around that we have forgotten all about our friends.” Alex’s sexy voice sent shivers through her body.

“Is that their way of saying they miss us?”

“I guess. So I told Kyle we would go out to Maxwell’s tonight. Are you fine with that?”

“That’s fine with me. I’ll call Victoria, and I’ll ask Lindsay, too. It should be fun.” Stella did feel bad for not spending more time with their friends lately. “We can even invite everyone over for the Conference Championship game Sunday.”

“Stella, you do realize you scare the shit out of everyone when you watch a game, right? And with The Predators being one step away from the Super Bowl, I have a feeling your violence will be turned up a notch.” Stella pondered that thought.

“I promise I will behave. I’ll use the new pillow you bought me if I get angry.” During the last game, Alex had given Stella a pillow in the shape of a Boulders player. He told her anytime she got mad to punch it; instead of breaking anymore random objects.

“If the others want to risk their personal safety, then I say go for it. I’ll head out tomorrow and get food and drinks.” She and Alex had fallen into a comfortable routine. They mostly slept at his apartment because he had the bigger bed, but they ate at her house because she had all the cooking gadgets.

“Well, I need to call Victoria about tonight and then ask Lindsay, too. I’ll text you when I know a head count. Do you want me to meet you there or come home and we can ride together?”

“Come home first, that way if you want to drink, you can.” Alex was the best. Anytime they went out, he limited himself to one beer so she could have fun.

“Ok. Then I’ll see you around seven. I have a late appointment tonight so I have to be here an extra hour. Love you.”

“I love you, too. Bye, Babe.” Happiness felt good.

Lindsay and Victoria had both agreed to go out, so now all five of them were gathered around a pool table in the back of Maxwell’s.

“So how’s married life, you two?” Kyle was being his normal obnoxious self.

“When we get married, we’ll let you know.” Alex bent over to take his shot.

“Oh, so now there’s a wedding? Did I miss the part where you get engaged and tell all your friends?”

“We did tell our friends, that’s why you didn’t find out.” Stella loved giving Kyle shit.

“Hardy har har. Seriously, I’ve seen you twice in a month. Isn’t the newness supposed to wear off by now?” Kyle was admiring a tall blonde standing near their table, while he continued complaining.

Alex missed his next shot and came to stand by Stella so Vicki could take her turn. She leaned into him and placed a kiss to his jaw. “Honey, I think your boyfriend is saying he wants some quality man time with you.”

“Thanks Stella. As if his whining didn’t do it, your comment just made us sound like lovers.” Alex cringed and everyone laughed.

“Sorry. Why don’t you two go do something after the game Sunday? I can get some work done, and you two can bond.” Stella knew Kyle was happy for them, but she didn’t want Alex to think he had to spend all of his free time with her.

“You sure?”

“Yes. We don’t have to do everything together.” Stella looked at Kyle, who was looking around for the blonde, and smirked. “He’s all yours.”

“Thanks.” Kyle muttered the word and went to join Lindsay and Vicki at the pool table. Stella was watching all of them play pool, when Vicki suddenly narrowed her eyes at something behind where she was standing.

Stella knew the moment she turned around what had her sister so pissed off. Heidi was headed their way, wearing a tiara and sash that said ‘bachelorette.’

“Stella, it’s so good to see you.” The fakest smile Stella had ever seen was plastered onto Heidi’s face.

9. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 28

“Heidi,” was all Stella could say; she didn’t think calling her Satan would make their working together easy.

“Alex, it’s so great to see you again.” Heidi practically purred as she looked Alex up and down, not even trying to hide her interest.

“What the fuck do you want, Heidi? Can’t you see we are trying to have a good time, and you are most definitely not invited?” Stella was surprised Vicki had stayed quiet that long.

“It’s nice to see you, too, Victoria; still crude as ever, I see.” Heidi and Vicki had never gotten along; and if it hadn’t been for Stella restraining her sister three years ago, Heidi would probably have a crooked nose right now.

“And you still seem to be as slutty as ever; glad to see things never change.” Stella put her hand up to cover her grin and pretended to cough.

“I just wanted to say hi. We are out for my Bachelorette party and stopped in for a drink.” Heidi was once again looking at Alex. She even had the nerve to wink. “Are we still on for Monday, Stella? I want to look at the proofs of the dress shots before the actual wedding next weekend.”

“Yes, Lindsay booked it for ten in the morning. Is that fine?”

“That sounds great. Well, see you then.” With a flutter of her fingers, Heidi walked away.

“That was weird as hell.” Kyle did have a knack for stating the obvious. Then Kyle let out a “Damn.”

“What’s wrong with you?”

“That blonde I had been eyeing is with Heidi’s group. Man, why did she have to be with the Ice Princess?” Kyle sounded so defeated.

“The Ice Princess, that’s hilarious. The second best word to describe her.” They all had a good laugh.

“You should have let me deck her three years ago, Stella,” Vicki chimed in. Stella wasn’t worried about Heidi’s weird interruption, but she wasn’t thrilled about the way she was looking at Alex.

“If I thought for one second you would have stopped after one punch, I would have.” Vicki was very protective of Stella, and her anger that day was more than she had ever seen.

Vicki harrumphed, and then went back to the pool table.

Lindsay pulled Stella aside. “Are you ok? You don’t look very happy. I can get Frank to go over the proofs with them Monday. It’s his morning to be there.” Frank was their new part time photographer. He was great with a camera, smart, funny, and gay. Alex liked the last part the most when she told him she hired a man.

“No, I can handle them.”

“Ok, but if you change your mind, let me know Sunday so I can tell him Monday morning.” Lindsay’s concern and friendship touched Stella.

“I will. Thanks.” As everyone got back to playing pool and drinking, Alex came over and hugged her close.

“Are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Stella all but grumbled the word. Alex grabbed her chin between his thumb and forefinger and tilted her head up to look at him.

“I can tell when something’s bothering you, so please tell me? Was it Heidi?” Stella figured if she wanted to get on with her night, she might as well tell him.

“I didn’t care for the way she was looking at you.” Stella hated to say the words out loud, but Alex had told her to tell him when something was on her mind.

“She can look all she wants; I only have eyes for you.” And as if to prove his statement, he kissed her long, slow, and deep.

“Get a room,” their three friends all said in unison. Alex picked up a peanut and threw it in their direction as he still kissed Stella.

“I love you, Stella. There is no one else.”

“I love you, too. I’m glad you’re mine.”

“Damn straight.”

Stella relaxed again, and enjoyed the rest of the night with their friends.

“You stupid son of a bitch; get some fucking glasses, you old bastard.” Stella was screaming at the top of her lungs. The Predators were losing and it was all the refs’ fault.

“Stella, calm down.” Alex had placed his hands on her hips to try and make her sit back down on the couch. Yeah, like that would keep her still.

She let Alex pull her back down. “The other team is clearly paying off the refs. That was a bullshit call. Throw a pass interference flag, you jackasses.”

“I thought you said she was going to behave.” Kyle had his eye on the door as if he was waiting to make his escape before she started throwing things.

Stella took a deep breath and mumbled out an, “I’m sorry.”

During a commercial break, Stella got up to go refill her drink and noticed Lindsay was hanging around in the kitchen. “Sorry if I scared you. I didn’t mean to. I just sort of lose it when I watch football.”

“It’s fine. I was just coming to check the food for you.” Lindsay had been quiet all day and had spent most of her time in the kitchen.

“You seem weird today? Is everything ok? You’ve been hiding in here like you’re in the Witness Protection or something.” Lindsay dropped the plate she was holding, and it came crashing to the ground.

“Shit! I’m sorry, Stella. I’ll clean it up. Where’s the mop? I’ll make sure it’s all taken care of.” Lindsay was moving around the kitchen frantically.

“Lindsay, it was an accident. Calm down.”

Kyle walked in to see what was going on. When he saw the mess, he went to Lindsay’s side and put his arm around her. Lindsay stiffened and jumped back. “Lindsay? What’s wrong?” Kyle looked as confused as Stella felt. Lindsay was not acting like herself. She was acting like she did when Stella first met her.

“I’m fine. I just need to get this mess cleaned up. I didn’t mean to drop it. I’m really sorry.” Lindsay had grabbed a rag and was wiping up the food.

“Nobody thinks you did it on purpose. Here, let me get it. You go sit down. It obviously shook you up.” Stella had never seen Kyle be so genuine and caring with a woman, or anyone really.

“I can do it. Thank you, though.” Lindsay finished cleaning up the floor, and then had tried to do some of the dishes.

“Lindsay, you are a guest. Get your ass away from my dirty dishes. That’s why I have a dishwasher.” Stella was still trying to figure out Lindsay’s odd behavior, when she dried off her hands and grabbed her coat.

“Thanks for having me over, Stella. I’m going to head home.” Lindsay was already headed for the door, before Stella and Kyle both trailed after her.

“You don’t have to go. Stay and have some food. I promise I will be good for the rest of the game.” Stella didn’t want Lindsay to be alone right now. Not with the way she was acting.

“I’ve got some laundry to catch up on before tomorrow. I’ll see you at work in the morning.” With a quick hug and yell goodbye to Alex, Lindsay headed for the door again.

“I’ll walk you out to your car, Lindsay.” Kyle’s declaration startled both of them.

“That’s not necessary, but thanks.” Lindsay didn’t even give Kyle a chance to respond. She was out the door like a shot.

“What the hell was that all about?” Kyle was looking at Stella like she knew.

“Hell if I know. I went in to get a drink and asked her why she was hiding in the kitchen and she freaked out.” The whole thing was strange.

10. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 29

“She seemed pale when I came in. Is she sick?” Kyle’s concern made Stella study him for a minute. Why was he so worried about Lindsay?

“Not that I know of, but I’ll call her later to check on her. Maybe it’s nothing.” Stella hoped there was nothing serious going on with Lindsay.

“Maybe.” Kyle muttered the word as he continued to stare at the door Lindsay had all but ran out of.

Stella and Kyle had joined Alex back in the living room, and finished watching the game. The Predators pulled out a win and were now headed to the Super Bowl in two weeks. Stella’s life just kept getting better.

“Well, we are going to head out and grab a few beers. Are you sure you don’t mind?” Stella kissed Alex on the cheek. He was so good to her, but he needed time with his friends and she could use some alone time, too.

“Go have fun. I’m just going to catch up on some work here. I’ll see you when you get back.” Alex pinned her back against the wall for a kiss that made her instantly wet and wanting, and then just as quickly he pulled back grinning.

“Love you.” Alex yanked Kyle toward the door, and Kyle gave her a wink; evil bastard.

“Uhhh,” was Stella’s only response. The man should have a warning. It didn’t matter how many times they had kissed, she still felt it in every cell of her body the moment their lips touched. Once her legs worked again, Stella headed to her home office to get some work done.

Stella was flipping through proof sheets and going over some estimates for a few updates she wanted to do at the studio. She hadn’t been doing a lot of work at home since her and Alex got together. They could barely keep their hands off each other to eat, let alone get any work done. As her mind started to drift to the way his hands caressed her body, her home phone rang. “Hello?”

“Stella, I’m so glad I caught you.” Heidi. How the hell did she get this number?

“Heidi. How did you get this number?”

“It’s listed.” Stella smacked herself. Oh, yeah.

“I really hate to ask you this, but we need a huge favor. Kevin is getting sent out of town again tomorrow, and won’t be back until the day before the wedding. Is there any way we can do it today? I know it is Sunday, but I really want his opinion on the pictures.” Stella should just say no and hang up.

Over the last few weeks, Stella had started to regret taking them on as clients. Heidi was constantly in need of late appointments and her questions about Alex were crossing so many lines. But Stella was getting her biggest commission ever from this wedding, and the business that could come from it made her keep her cool. But once these proofs were looked at she wouldn’t have to see either of them until the day of the wedding.

“Well, Alex went out for a while, so I guess I can. The proofs are at the studio. I can meet you down there in an hour.” Alex and Kyle were going to be out for a while, so it wouldn’t be a big deal and it would give her one less headache for the week.

“You are a life saver. See you in an hour.” With that, Heidi hung up.

Stella finished up what she was working on, put away the leftover food, grabbed her coat and headed for the door. She thought about leaving Alex a note, but she wasn’t going to be gone long and would probably beat him back. She just wanted to get this over with.

Forty-five minutes after they had left the apartment, Alex and Kyle came back.

“Dude, you are pathetic.” Kyle flopped down on Alex’s couch and grabbed the remote like he owned the place.

“Shut up. You were just as miserable as I was at that bar. I don’t feel comfortable having women slip me their numbers. That’s not fair to Stella.” They had been at the bar all of five minutes when the first group of scantily clad women had approached the table. Telling them he had a girlfriend only seemed to encourage them, and Alex had had enough.

“So because you’re taken now we can’t go out?” Kyle asked in astonishment.

“We can go out, but I’m not going to let women rub all over me. When you finally fall head over heels for someone, you’ll understand.” Alex knew one day a woman would get under Kyle’s skin, and when that day came, Alex would rub it in.

“Not gonna happen. If becoming a hermit is what being in a relationship is like, I’ll stick to my one night stands.” Kyle said the words, but Alex caught a look of sadness in his eyes.

“Whatever. Grab some beer from the fridge while I go get Stella. I’ll probably have to convince her to stop working, by any means necessary.” Alex paused to wiggle his eyebrows. “So don’t worry if it takes me awhile.”

“I better not hear you having sex.” Kyle narrowed his eyes at Alex.

Alex was still laughing as he went to get Stella. He grabbed the door handle and it didn’t move. “Why the hell did she lock the door?” Alex was murmuring to himself as he reached for his keys.

He unlocked the door and walked in. “You afraid someone’s going to kidnap you when I’m not here?” Alex called out, but there was no answer.

Her apartment was dark and he didn’t hear any sounds coming from the back of the apartment. Alex did a quick check, and confirmed she wasn’t home; weird. She said she would be working. There was no note, so he went back to his apartment to call her.

“Damn, Man. Talk about a quickie.” Kyle had a beer in his hand and was flipping through the channels at a dizzying speed.

“She wasn’t home. I’m going to call her cell. Do you want to order some take out after I call her?” Kyle gave a grunt of agreement. Alex would order Chop Sticks for Stella and have it waiting for her when she got home, from wherever she went. He found her number in his phone and hit send. Five rings later her voicemail picked up. After leaving her a quick message, he called to order food.

Alex and Kyle were picking a movie to watch, when there was a knock on his door. “That was quick. It’s only been like ten minutes.” Alex shrugged and got up to grab his wallet.

Alex opened the door and had to do a double take. Instead of a teenage delivery boy standing in front of him holding delicious Chinese food, it was Heidi Shaw. She looked like she may have been crying, but Alex couldn’t really tell through all her make up.

“What are you doing here?” This woman had caused so much pain in Stella’s life; he didn’t want to be anywhere near her, but for the sake of Stella he wasn’t going to start anything with her.

Heidi took in a shaky breath. “I wanted to come tell Stella congratulations. She said she would get revenge and she finally did.”

Alex should just shut the door in her face. Nothing good could come of asking his next question. “Revenge for what, for you sleeping with Kevin? Pretty sure she got over that a long time ago.”

After another sniffle and dramatic sigh, Heidi continued. “I shouldn’t be the one to break the bad news to you, but Kevin told me everything this morning.” She paused for what Alex could only assume was dramatic effect. “Apparently, after we saw Stella at the studio the first day, they started talking again.” Heidi wiped at a tear Alex couldn’t see. “I found all the phone calls in his phone and confronted him. Kevin told me that he and Stella were getting back together and the wedding is off.”

11. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 30

Booming laughter came from behind Alex. “You crazy bitch, I don’t know what game you are playing at, but Stella isn’t like that. So why don’t you turn around and leave now, before you embarrass yourself further.” Kyle had apparently overheard, and decided to join in this joke of a conversation.

Alex knew Heidi was playing him. He just couldn’t figure out why. “Heidi, it really is pathetic. Stella and I are together when she’s not at work. I don’t know what you expect to get from this, but you won’t get it from me. You hurt Stella once; I won’t let you do it again. Goodbye.”

Heidi’s small manicured hand flew out to stop the door from closing. “Oh really, then how do I know you two were never engaged? Stella told Kevin that she had just pretended to be engaged to hurt him. Kevin confessed everything to me. Talking on the phone, late meetings at her office, and that tonight he was going to finally ask her to leave you. They apparently were supposed to meet at her office to discuss their plans.”

Alex couldn’t breathe. How could Heidi know about the engagement, or about Stella working late? The only people that knew about that lie were their friends, who had all gotten a big laugh about the whole story.

“From the look on your face, you know I’m telling you the truth.” Heidi sounded so smug, while his world was crashing down around him.

“I don’t know how you know any of this, but Stella could never be a heartless bitch like you. Now leave before I remove you myself.” Alex had never heard Kyle sound so livid, but Alex was still frozen in place.

“Look, whenever you finally come to your senses, give me a call. We can comfort each other.” Heidi ran a finger down his forearm and he quickly yanked it back. Kyle slammed the door in her face a moment later.

“Man, are you ok? You don’t look so good.” Alex didn’t feel good, and could no longer stand. He slid down the wall and sat on the floor.

“Alex? Please tell me you aren’t going to listen to Heidi? That woman is a parasite and lives to hurt Stella apparently.”

Alex didn’t know what to believe. “How would she know everything she did? Stella has been working late, and she said she was going to be here tonight and she’s not. She’s not even answering her phone.”

“I don’t know how, but I know Stella would never hurt you. She loves you. And after everything she went through with Kevin, do you really think she would give that fucker the time of day.” Alex knew Kyle was right. What he and Stella had was real. He couldn’t believe he listened to Heidi.

“You’re right, Man. I don’t know what I was thinking. I’m going to head to her office and see if she’s there. That way at least I can warn her about the shit Heidi’s trying to start.” Alex peeled himself off the floor and went to grab his coat and keys.

“I’ll stay here to get the food. Plus, if Stella gets back before you do, I can call and let you know.” Alex nodded at Kyle and headed out to find Stella.

On the short drive to Stella’s studio, Alex felt like an idiot. Why had he let Heidi’s words sink in for even one second? This was Stella; his Stella. She wouldn’t hurt a fly, unless it interrupted one of her football games.

Alex was still shaking his head at that thought as he pulled into the parking lot behind her studio. Sitting in its normal spot was Stella’s Malibu. But right next to it was a shiny black Mercedes that Alex didn’t recognize.

Alex just shrugged and went to open the back door. Alex made it five feet inside the door before he was stopped in his tracks by the scene in front of him. Stella was standing in her office, her face buried in Kevin’s chest and he was holding her tight.

An earthquake could have happened, and Alex’s world wouldn’t be as shaken as it was at this moment. A million emotions ran through him as he continued to stare. He wanted to go over and rip Kevin’s arms from his body and beat him with them. But instead, Alex turned back around and quietly left the building undetected; never feeling as empty as he did at that moment.

By the time Alex got back to the apartment, his anger had risen to a dangerous level. Each mile he drove only added fuel to the fire. Never in his life had he felt so betrayed. He opened his front door with such force, that Kyle jumped from the couch as if someone had tried to shoot him.

“Dude, what the hell was that about? Why do you look like you could murder someone right now? Did you find Stella?” Alex didn’t want to have this conversation with Kyle. He wanted to hit something or someone as the case may be, and he didn’t want that person to be Kyle. But with the way he felt right now, he couldn’t guarantee his safety.

“I found her.” Those were the only words he spoke as he stomped to his room. Grabbing a bag, he started shoving clothes in it.

“Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” Kyle had unwisely followed him.

“You want to know what’s going on; Stella’s a lying, conniving bitch, who’s no better than Heidi.” And if his words weren’t enough, he dumped a box out that had been sitting in his closet, and started throwing all of Stella’s stuff she had left at his house in it.

Over the last month, she had moved a few toiletries and articles of clothing over to his place to make it easier in the mornings. Now they were just a reminder of her betrayal.

“Stop, tell me what happened.” Kyle had moved further into the room, but still stayed back from Alex. Alex was in a tailspin; he felt out of control and just wanted to leave. But he would tell Kyle what he wanted to know.

“I had convinced myself on the way to Stella’s studio that Heidi was just trying to start trouble. Imagine my surprise when I get to Stella’s studio and there are two cars. So I walk in and find Stella wrapped in Kevin’s arms, with her face buried in his chest. Apparently, Heidi wasn’t lying.” Renewed anger coursed through Alex as he told Kyle about the moment his world turned upside down.

“Did you say anything? Ask her what was going on? There could be a million reasons for what you saw. Why don’t you wait until she gets home before you decide anything?”

“Fuck that. I know what I saw. She said she was going to be here, and as soon as we left she went running to him. They deserve each other, and I’m not going to hang around for her ‘let’s be friends’ speech.”

Alex had finished packing his bag, so he turned to finally look at Kyle. “I’ll be back in a week or so. Will you get my mail while I’m gone?” Alex didn’t know where he was going, but he wasn’t staying here.

“Alex, I really think you should talk to Stella.” Kyle was trying to reason with him, but it was too late for that.

“Will you or not? If you can’t, I’ll ask my mom.” Alex didn’t want to involve his parents in this whole mess if he didn’t have to.

“I’ll do it.” Alex took his key off the ring and handed it to Kyle, with a promise to call in a few days. He grabbed his bag and the box of Stella’s stuff. After placing the box on her island, along with the key to her apartment, he left.

Chapter 16

Stella had arrived at the studio fifteen minutes before Heidi and Kevin were supposed to be there. After unlocking the doors and turning off the security system, she headed to her office to pull up the proofs. She was clicking through them to mark her favorites and get rid of ones they wouldn’t be able to use.

12. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 31

Stella was just about done when her cell phone started playing “Big Girls Don’t Cry.” Vicki’s ringtone always put a smile on Stella’s face. “Hey Vicki, where were you today? I thought you were coming over to watch the game with us?”

Stella could hear Vicki take a deep breath and an uneasy feeling made its way through her body. “Stella, are you at home?”

“No, I’m at my office. Why? What’s going on, Victoria? You sound upset. Is it Dad?” The thought alone made Stella feel sick.

After a few seconds of silence, Vicki finally told her. “It’s Mom.” Stella could hear Vicki swallow hard. “She was killed in a car accident this morning.” If Stella hadn’t been sitting down already, she would have fallen over.

Stella didn’t know how to react. She hadn’t seen her mom in five years, and the only time she heard from her was when she needed money. Hearing that she was dead should have made her feel something, but she just felt numb.

“Stella? Are you still there?”

“Yes. Sorry, I’m just trying to process all of this. What happened?” Stella didn’t know why, but she needed to know what had happened to her mom for it to seem real.

“It happened around five a.m. She was drunk and going the wrong way on the interstate. She hit head on with a semi and the car flipped a couple of times. They said she died on impact.” As Victoria relayed the horrific details, the numbness settled in more.

“Have you told Dad yet? I’m not sure how he’s going to take the news.” Their mom and dad had never gotten along, and Stella knew it was because Tina had cheated on their dad. That’s why they got divorced.

“I called him first. I got the call around eight this morning. I talked to Dad and he asked me not to call you until after the game. He wanted you to be able to enjoy it before you got the news. Are you ok?” Stella didn’t know what she felt.

“I’ll be fine.” And she would be. “How are you? She was your mom, too.” Vicki wasn’t any closer to their mother than Stella was, but hearing about the tragic accident had to affect her in some way.

“I’ve had all morning to think about it. She made the decision to drink and drive, and she paid for it with her life. Other than that, I’m pretty indifferent over the whole situation. We have to go down and make arrangements tomorrow morning. Can you make it? I can do it myself if you’re busy.” Vicki had always tried to be a rock for Stella.

“Do you really think I’d let you go through this alone? Just let me know when and where and I’ll be there. Frank works tomorrow, so I’ll have coverage here.” Stella would never expect Vicki to deal with this mess on her own just because she’s the oldest. Stella heard a beep in her ear and saw Alex was trying to call her. She could call him back when she was done with Vicki.

“I love you, Stella. If you need to talk later, give me a call. I don’t care how late it is.”

“I love you, too, Victoria. I’m not sure what I feel right now, but if I need to talk I’ll call you. And you do the same. You hear me?” Stella knew Vicki tried to be tough as nails, but she felt things deeply.

“I will.”

After they said their goodbyes, Stella sat staring at the space in her open office door; the phone call from Alex all but forgotten. She tried to take in what she had just heard. Not only was her mom dead, but it had been her own fault.

After all these years, Tina Howe had still been irresponsible and reckless. Stella sat there and let it sink in. No more phone calls for money, no more wondering where she was, or if she was finally going to clean up her act. She didn’t know if it was for her mother, or for the fact that no one else had been killed in her mother’s path of destruction, but the tears started to fall and showed no signs of stopping.

“Stella? Stella, are you here?” Kevin’s voice sounded like it was at the end of a long tunnel. Stella didn’t know how long she had cried, but she needed to get it together for just a little while. She didn’t want Kevin and Heidi to see her this way.

Wiping at her eyes with the back of her hand, she took an unsteady gulp of air and stood. “In my office.”

“There you are. I knocked, but you must not have heard me.” Stella was looking around Kevin for Heidi, but she wasn’t with him.

“Where’s Heidi?” She was not going to be responsible for her actions if Heidi didn’t show up.

“She just called and said she was going to be a little late, but for us to go ahead and get started.” Kevin was studying her face, and she was trying not to look at him directly. “Have you been crying?”

The one question busted the dam wide open again. He rounded the desk and hugged her tight to him. She wanted to protest and push away, but all her emotions seemed to pick this one moment to make their escape and all she could do was cry harder.

“What’s wrong? Is it Alex? Did you have a fight?” There was something in his question that Stella didn’t want to dwell on. So she shook her head and tried to talk between sobs.

“It’s my mom. She was… she was…”

“She was what? Stella, you have to talk to me.” Stella finally calmed enough to get the words out.

“She was killed. Victoria just called me.”

Kevin hugged her tighter and she couldn’t talk anymore. Stella didn’t know how long they stood there, but the tears finally stopped. When her brain starting working again, she realized who was holding her and her skin crawled. Just as she lifted her head to step back from him, Kevin placed his hands on both sides of her face and leaned in to kiss her.

His lips had just begun to make contact when Stella went into action. She gave a hard shove to his chest, and while he was stunned by the move she slapped him in the face as hard as she could. His hand went to his face. “Damn, Stella.”

The emotion she now felt was anger; anger from three years ago, anger that they had asked her to be their photographer, anger over her mom, and the anger that it would take her a week to get the feel of his slimy lips off of hers.

Without a second thought to what she was doing, Stella gave in to the one action she had wanted to do for three years. She brought her leg back and kicked Kevin as hard as she could in the balls.

He dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes and writhed in pain; screaming expletives as he rolled around. Stella stood over him and pointed her finger in his tear soaked face.

“That’s for the year and a half I wasted on you, and for cheating on me, and for having the nerve to ask me to be your photographer, and for ever thinking I would want you to put your nasty lips on me. If you ever come near me again, I will not hesitate to do much worse to you next time.” Kevin’s only response was a few “Fucks” between sobs.

“You can find a new photographer for your wedding. I hope you and the Ice Princess are very happy together. Now, get your sorry ass up and out of my studio.” Stella felt like the anger she had carried for three years melted away in that instant.

There would be no more insecurities or freak outs. Stella had found something real and lasting with Alex. This incident with Kevin had proven that to her. As soon as Alex was home, she was going to show him how much he meant to her. After she brushed her teeth fifty times to try and wash Kevin’s taste off of her.

13. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 32

Kevin had finally made it to his feet, although he was still hunched over. He opened his mouth to say something, but the look on her face must have changed his mind because he began the slow process of walking back to the door.

She heard the door close and she fell into one of the chairs in front of her desk. “Damn, that felt good.” Stella didn’t care that she was talking to herself. She was just happy this whole stupid mess was over with.

Stella grabbed her coat and put it on. After grabbing her purse and phone, she remembered Alex had tried to call earlier. She hit redial and it went straight to his voicemail. Damn. Well, she would be home shortly and talk to him then.

She turned out her light and set the security system. Alex would be thrilled about her no longer shooting Kevin and Heidi’s wedding. At least some good came out of this whole situation. She had Alex and was never letting him go.

Stella felt like she broke every speed limit on the way back to Spring Towers. She hoped Alex was back already, because she wanted him to hold her and tell her everything would be all right.

After parking her car in its usual spot, she glanced over to Alex’s and noticed his car was still gone. Oh well, she would at least have time to get herself together before he came back.

Stella opened her front door and dropped her purse and keys on the small table right inside the doorway. As she started toward the bedroom, she noticed a box on the island. She walked over and peeked inside.

Inside the box was all her stuff from Alex’s. A toothbrush, hairbrush, shampoo, and all the clothes she had taken over there. Stella’s stomach rolled and it took everything in her not to throw up. Then she noticed her key and the dread sank in more.

“What the fuck?” Stella sat down on a bar stool and tried to figure out what was going on. When Alex left earlier everything was fine. I mean, the kiss he gave her alone was a good sign, right? What the hell could have changed between then and now?

Stella looked all around the box for a note, but there was nothing other than her stuff. She was not going to take this lying down. Stella grabbed her keys and headed to his apartment. She tried the door handle and it was locked, so she used her key and let herself in.

The apartment was dark and there was no sound other than the hum of the refrigerator. She looked in each room, no Alex. When Stella got to his bedroom, she noticed a gap in his clothes in the closet and a pile of stuff lying on the floor. Then realized she didn’t see his laptop anywhere either. He was gone.

Stella ran back to her apartment in a panic and tried his cell again. Again, it went straight to voicemail. Stella noticed a message waiting and listened to it.

“Hey, Babe, Kyle and I came back early. I was just seeing where you went and was going to tell you I’m ordering Chop Sticks for dinner. See you soon hopefully. Love you.”

According to that message, she and Alex were great. She had never been more confused in her whole life. Between then and now, he had decided he was done with her, and that she didn’t deserve an explanation.

Stella had cried so much earlier that she didn’t have the tears left for the hurt she felt. She always thought nothing could top the pain she felt when she saw Kevin and Heidi together. Only now she realized, she never loved Kevin. She only thought she did. And it wasn’t pain she had felt; it was embarrassment that she had wasted time on the wrong man.

Now she knew what it felt like to lose the love of your life. It was like someone was taking a hot blade and slicing straight through her soul. Everywhere she looked in her apartment she saw Alex. She had to get out of there.

Picking up her phone, she called the one person she needed right now. He picked up after the first ring. “Stella? Honey, I’m so glad you called. I’ve been so worried about you.”

“Daddy.” It was the only word she got out before the tears she thought were gone came pouring out.

“Oh, Honey, where are you?” Stella couldn’t talk through the tears. She sobbed into the phone and her father’s words became more frantic.

“Baby, wherever you are, please take a cab and come over.”

Stella finally got an “okay” out and hung up. Packing the few things she would need, Stella had stopped crying enough to call a cab and give them the address to her dad’s house. She sat back in the cab and stared out the window. She felt as dark as the night sky.

Before the cab came to a stop, her dad was already coming down the front steps. Stella opened the door and flew into her dad’s arms. “Daddy!”

“It’s going to be ok, Honey.” He never let her go, even as he paid the driver and grabbed her bag. He led her into the house where Penny was waiting. Her dad let go of her so Penny could envelope her in a warm embrace.

“Baby girl, you just let go of all those tears.” Penny was rocking her from side to side. Stella clung onto Penny for dear life. When she pulled away from Penny, her dad took her over to the couch and sat her down. He took the seat next to her and put his arm around her.

“Do you want to talk about your mom? Or do you want me to call Victoria and have her come over? What do you need, Stella?” Her father had never sounded so helpless.

Stella gave herself a mental shake and forced the tears to slow down. As she sniffled through the last of the emotions, she turned to look at her dad and Penny. “I know I should feel unbelievable sorrow over Mom dying, but… I can’t. What kind of person does that make me?”

“It makes you human, Stella. You had a hard life with your mother and there is no rule that says people have to mourn in one certain way. You can only feel what you feel.” Stella’s dad always had the answers she needed.

“She’s not actually the reason I was so upset. I mean the emotions from that probably added to it, but it’s not what caused the meltdown.” At her dad’s confused look, she continued.

“I was at work when Victoria called me. I felt numb after I hung up with her and started to cry; why, I don’t know. Then my ex, Kevin, came in. I was supposed to go over proofs with him and Heidi for their wedding.”

Stella’s dad interrupted her. “You mean Kevin that cheated on you; that Kevin and Heidi?” Stella nodded her head, and the anger on his face took her aback.

“Stella, why were you doing photos for their wedding? I know you don’t like to turn down clients, but what would possess you to say yes to them?” Stella took a deep breath.

“I thought if I did it I could, I don’t know, show them that they never broke me and I survived everything. Be the bigger person. Turns out, I was an idiot.”

“They never did break you. You are a stronger person for what they did. What happened tonight?” Her dad looked to be holding himself back from shaking the answers out of her.

“Well, I was really upset when Kevin got there. Heidi hadn’t arrived yet, and when he asked if I had been crying, I lost it again. He hugged me and I was so upset I didn’t push him away.” She sighed.

“I had finally calmed down and began to pull away when Kevin leaned in and kissed me. It wasn’t long, but I was so repulsed that I did the only thing I could think of. I pushed him, slapped him, and kicked him in the balls.” Her dad cringed when she said the last part, and then laughed.

“I knew I raised you right.” Her dad sounded so proud. “So, is that why you were upset?”

14. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 33

Stella lost all humor again. “No. After I threw Kevin out, I went home. When I got there, all my stuff from Alex’s house was boxed up and sitting on my island.” Stella could feel the emotions building again, but pushed them down. “We were fine when he left to go out with his friend, and he even left me a voicemail saying he loved me. I don’t know what happened.”

“Well, I’m glad you called me and came over. I’m sure it’s all a horrible mistake. Have you tried to call him?” Her dad’s hand was rubbing up and down her arm to try and sooth her.

“Yes, but it goes to voicemail. I went to his place and some of his clothes are missing, along with his laptop.” Stella felt so lost and confused.

Penny, who had been sitting quietly in the recliner listening, finally spoke. “Stella, I already made up your old room. Why don’t you go soak in a long bubble bath, and I will make you some warm milk? Everything will work itself out. You’ll see. You just need to try and get a goodnight sleep.”

Penny had never felt like more of a mother to Stella than right now. “Thank you. I think I will. And I’m sorry I interrupted your night.”

“Don’t you dare apologize; you know you are welcome here anytime you need a place to stay or someone to talk to.” Her dad hugged her, and then Penny squeezed her tight.

Stella made her way upstairs. After putting her bag in her old room, Stella headed for the bathroom and the big claw foot tub. As Stella sank into the warm water, she closed her eyes and hoped that come morning this would all be a bad dream.

Chapter 17

The smell of bacon woke Stella from her uneasy sleep. She had woken up several times during the night, her arm out stretched like it was searching for the warmth of Alex. Only there was no Alex, and she was all alone in her old bed at her dad’s house.

Stella made her way down the stairs and could hear voices talking quietly. As she got closer to the kitchen, she realized one of the voices was Victoria. As she entered the room, her dad was the first to spot her.

“Good morning, Sweetheart. How did you sleep?” He came over to place a kiss on her cheek and pull out a chair at the table.

“I think I woke up more than I slept, but it was enough. Coffee would be good.” Penny filled a cup and placed it in front of her. Then like always, she hugged her tight.

“Stella, I heard about what happened. Do you want me to try and call Alex? You know I can be very ‘persuasive’ when I want to be. I’ll get answers.” Stella loved Victoria. If Alex were subjected to Vicki’s verbal assault, he would never come back; which right now she didn’t know if she wanted him to.

“No, I tried calling him again around four this morning when I woke up, but his phone is still turned off. The more I think about it, the more the pain turns to anger. If he doesn’t even have the decency to tell me why he is breaking up with me, Alex isn’t the man I thought he was.” Stella put on a brave face, but she was dying a little more inside.

“Well, if you change your mind…” Vicki left the sentence unfinished.

“I know you’ll be there for me. Thank you. Right now, I just want to shower and head to work. I need to keep myself busy.” And busy she would be. The whole studio would shine like a new penny when she was done. If she were cleaning she wouldn’t have time to think how her life went from perfect to shit, in the blink of an eye.

“Why don’t you take a day or two off? Give yourself some time. You’ve been hit with a lot in the last day or so.” Stella’s dad watched her with concern etched on his face.

“Dad, I can’t hide forever. Plus, I need to try and make up for the money I’m no longer getting from Kevin and Heidi’s wedding.” Victoria, who had been in a conversation with Penny, spun around to look at Stella.

“What do you mean? Did they fire you? How many times do they need to hurt you before it’s enough for them?” Apparently her father had left off that portion of the story when he told Vicki what was going on.

John Howe knew his daughters well. He knew if he told Vicki about what Kevin did, nothing would stop her from finding him and hurting him.

“Victoria, calm down. I let them go as clients, not the other way around. Kevin made a move on me last night and I made him pay for it.” A face splitting smile replaced the menacing look Vicki had before.

“You did? Oh I’m so proud of you. It’s about damn time. Those two wastes of sperm don’t deserve your amazing work, anyway.” Vicki lowered her head and gave a quiet apology for the language she used in front of their dad and Penny.

“No need to apologize, Victoria. I completely agree.” The tension lifted somewhat and they all shared a laugh. The conversation turned to small talk while they ate French toast, bacon, and eggs.

After they all finished eating, Stella remembered she didn’t have her car. “Vicki, can you give me a ride to my apartment before I go to the studio? I was in no shape to drive last night and I took a cab.”

“I can do that. Although, I still say you should call in. Frank and Lindsay can take care of everything.” It was a tempting offer, but Stella wanted to work. Instead of arguing the point, Stella went on with another topic.

“What time do we need to meet to make arrangements for Mom? I’ll just work until we have to go do that.” Stella wasn’t fond of the idea, but it was the last thing she would ever do for her mother. She would lay her to rest and the past along with her.

“I still say you should let me take care of it,” Vicki grumbled. “But since you are stubborn, I made an appointment for four o’clock at Lancaster Funeral Home.”

“I will meet you there, then.” Stella placed her plate in the dishwasher and went upstairs to grab her things. Stella could hide at Daddy’s house for a few days, but from the look of his closet, Alex wouldn’t be home and she wouldn’t have to deal with him.

Once downstairs, she hugged first Penny, then her dad. Thanking them for all they had done and promising to call later in the day, she turned to her sister. “Are you ready to go, Victoria?”

“Sure. Bye Dad. Bye Penny.”

They drove in relative silence on the way to Spring Towers. Stella’s mind was in a fog and Victoria didn’t seem much like talking either. As they pulled into the parking lot of her building, Stella noticed Kyle’s truck parked in one of the visitor spots.

“Is that Kyle’s truck?” Victoria had obviously seen it at the same time Stella did.

“I think so. Guess that explains where Alex is hiding. Oh well, I’m going to take this bag to my apartment and head to Picture Perfect. Thank you for bringing me back.” Vicki grabbed Stella’s arm before she could make her escape.

“I’m coming with you. If you see Kyle for some reason, I don’t want him to say anything to upset you.” Kyle was Alex’s friend, but if he wanted to stick up for Alex, Stella could handle herself.

“If you want to come up fine, but I can handle myself, you know.” Vicki gave her a knowing nod, and they headed to the apartment. There was no sign of Kyle, and Stella let out the breath she wasn’t aware she was holding.

Once inside her apartment, Stella put her things away and collected a few files she needed for the office. She had just grabbed her keys, when there was a knock on the door. Knowing who it was, Stella hesitated to open it. “Stella, its Kyle; please open the door. I need to talk to you.”

15. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 34

Kyle didn’t sound mad or even upset. With a look at Vicki, who only shrugged, Stella opened the door. “What can I do for you, Kyle?”

“Can I come in?” Stella stepped aside and walked to the living room. Vicki was staring at Kyle like a lioness guarding her cub.

“If you have some message from Alex, I don’t care to hear it. He made his feelings pretty clear from the box of stuff sitting on my island.” Stella would not cry, but this shit hurt.

“Are you cheating on Alex?” Kyle’s outrageous and ridiculous statement caught Stella so off guard she stumbled backward like he had slapped her.

“Are you fucking serious? Why the hell would I cheat on him?” As Stella tried to reign in her temper, Vicki took a step forward. Stella held up her hand to stop her. “More importantly, when would I have the time? When I’m not at work, I’m here, with him.”

Kyle seemed to sag in relief. “Stella, I never thought you did. I just had to ask. Alex should be the one here talking to you, but since he wouldn’t listen to me yesterday, I’m the best chance you’ve got at getting him back.”

“He thinks I cheated on him? That’s why he packed all my shit and ran away like a coward? Who did I supposedly cheat on him with? And who says I want him back? Fuck him.” Stella felt the rage inside her and wished she could deck Alex right now for even thinking she could do something so horrible.

“I think we should sit, and I’ll tell you what I know.” Kyle gestured to the couch and Stella reluctantly followed. She was so mad right now, but a part of her wanted to hear Kyle out and know what was going on. Vicki took the seat next to her, while Kyle pulled over a chair from the dining room.

“Alright, I’m sitting. Now, tell me what’s going on.” Then go back and tell Alex to fuck himself. But she kept that last part to herself.

“Let me ask you something that I think I already know the answer to, at least partially. Why was Kevin at your studio yesterday?” Kyle had an even tone to his voice and Stella’s face lost all color.

“How did you know he was?” Stella was starting to get a bad feeling, but needed to answer so he could get on with it. “Never mind; he was there because yesterday after you and Alex left, Heidi called and asked if I could meet them to go over some proofs. I didn’t have anything to do, so I agreed. I just wanted to get it over with for the week, and I didn’t think you guys would be back for a while.”

“I think Heidi set you up, Stella. I don’t know how or why, but that’s the best I can come up with.” Kyle gave Stella a pained look before he continued. “Yesterday, Alex and I came home early. He tried to find you, but you didn’t answer your phone. We ordered take out and were just putting a movie on when there was a knock at the door.

“Alex got up, thinking it was our food, only it was Heidi. She said Kevin confessed that the two of you were sneaking around at late meetings and talking all the time on his phone. That you had told Kevin the engagement wasn’t real; and you were meeting him last night to make plans on running away together.”

Stella was too stunned to form a coherent thought. “I never…we never… why would she…” Vicki wrapped her arms around Stella’s midsection and tried to calm her down.

“The only people that knew about the engagement farce were the five of us. How did she find out?” Vicki asked the question Stella was trying to answer herself, and then a thought occurred to her.

“The blonde.” The two words seemed to turn on the same light bulb for Kyle and Victoria. “She was standing there when you were joking about Alex and I being married and about the newness. Even when I said you guys should go out Sunday. She must have said something to Heidi, and Heidi figured it out. That’s the only way I can imagine she found out and knew when to call.”

Kyle held up his hand to try and stop her from spiraling out of control. “That’s very possible. We will find out, I will make sure of that, but Stella that’s not all.”

“Oh great.”

“Before I slammed the door in her face, she ran her hand down Alex’s arm and offered to comfort him.” Stella saw red and shot off the couch.

“That fucking whore, I will beat the shit out of her if she lays one hand on him.” Stella would have already been out the door, if it weren’t for Kyle and Vicki trying to hold her back.

“Stella, let me finish, please.” She reluctantly sat back down. Kyle sat down and finished. “Alex didn’t take the bait and yanked his arm away. Once we were back inside, Alex was shaken up and wanted to find you. To let you know what Heidi was trying to do. He headed out to your studio, and when he came back…Stella, I’ve never seen him so mad.”

“Oh my God…I think I know what’s coming next.” There was only one thing Alex could have seen to make him leave her like he did.

“He said you were in an embrace with Kevin. I asked him if you said why, but I’m guessing you didn’t even know he was there.” Stella shook her head. “He started packing some clothes and your stuff, and then asked me to get his mail for a week or so.” Kyle looked as bad as Stella felt. “I tried to get him to stay and talk to you, but he was so mad he wouldn’t listen.”

“So let me get this straight. He saw my sister being hugged and automatically assumed that she was sleeping with the man. What a logical guy he is?” Vicki’s sarcasm wasn’t helping right now.

Kyle went on as if Vicki hadn’t spoken. “I know it’s none of my business, but why would you hug a man that has made your life hell?”

“I wasn’t hugging him. I was crying, and he was comforting me. I didn’t want him to, but I was such a mess I didn’t have the strength to push him away.” Stella did not want to relive all of this.

“Crying? Was something wrong?”

“Vicki had just called to tell me our mother had been killed in a car accident, so yeah, you could say something was wrong.” Stella’s anger had risen again. “So what Alex saw was me having a meltdown, and Kevin just happened to be the one there when it happened.”

“Your mom died? Stella, I’m so sorry. How are you doing?” Kyle’s concern was touching, but she was too mad to stop now.

“Just freaking peachy,” Stella bit out. “If Alex would have bothered to stick around for a minute or two more, he probably would have seen Kevin try to kiss me, and get a slap in the face and kick in the nuts for his trouble.”

Kyle let out a small chuckle. “I’m sure that felt good.”

It had, but Stella was not in a joking mood right now. “I guess I shouldn’t have bothered since Alex clearly has no faith or trust in me. If he can take the word of someone like Heidi over me, I don’t need him in my life. So whenever he decides to come back home, he won’t have to worry about me bothering him.”

“Stella, you can’t mean that. He loves you; he just got caught up in Heidi’s bullshit.” Kyle was pleading with her, but she was done.

“He doesn’t love me if he thinks I could be so heartless. While trying to deal with one of the worst days of my life, I also had to deal with my boyfriend leaving me with no explanation. I’ve cried more in the last fourteen hours than I have in the last three years. And almost all the tears were caused by him. That’s not love.”

16. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 35

Kyle nodded. “Stella, I understand. Just so you know, I may be Alex’s friend, but I am here if you need me. I don’t agree with how Alex went about this, and when I hear from him, believe me I will let him have it.”

“Thanks, Kyle. I just want to go to work and get the funeral arrangements made, then come home and sleep for a year.” Stella thought knowing what was going on would help, but the reality of knowing sucked just as bad as not.

“I’ll let you get to work; I just wanted to make sure you knew the whole story. I hope things get better and know that I will be getting to the bottom of what happened at the bar the other night.” Kyle pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek. “Call if you need anything.”

Kyle left and Stella sank back into the couch. “Well, now you know what’s going on. How are you feeling?”

“Pissed off, hurt, livid, murderous. Pick one. I’m not sure what I ever did to Heidi, but she has fucked up my life for the last time.” Stella didn’t know how, but Heidi would pay for all of this.

“What are you going to do about Alex?”

“I don’t want to do anything. He made his choice. I’m going to go to work and move on with my life.” Stella had never felt so hollow inside.

“You know I support any decision you make.” They both got up and headed to their cars.

“I’ll see you at four. Love you.” Vicki hugged her and left.

Frank and Lindsay were deep in conversation as Stella came in the door. She walked past them and headed toward her office; hoping to be alone for just a minute to collect her thoughts. No such luck.

“Hey, Beautiful, how are you?”

“Today is the wrong day to ask that, Frank.” He looked like she had slapped him and Stella felt even worse. “I’m sorry. I’m having a bad day. I shouldn’t take it out on you. How are you?”

“I’m fine. Do you need me to get you anything?”

“No, but if you could do a full day today I’d appreciate it. I have to leave at 3:30.” That was one appointment Stella was not looking forward to.

“Not a problem. Let me know if there’s anything else.” Frank left her office and Lindsay came in.

“Stella, I wanted to talk to you about yesterday. I’m really sorry about the way I acted. I don’t know what came over me. I guess I’ll just plead temporary insanity and ask for your forgiveness.”

“As long as you’re alright, that’s all I care about. Are you sure nothing is bothering you?” Stella was having a hard time believing it was nothing.

“I’m fine. Just need more sleep or something.” If Stella didn’t have so much going on already she would press further, but she didn’t have it in her today.

“Ok. I was just telling Frank I need him to stay all day. Can you make sure clients know he will be working with them today, instead of me?”

“Sure, do you mind me asking why?” Stella closed her office door and told Lindsay the whole story. By the time she was done, they were both teary eyed and in need of a Kleenex.

“Oh Stella,” Lindsay hugged her, “I’m so sorry you have to go through all of this. Is there anything I can do?”

“Just you asking helped. I’ll get through it all and be better for it.” Lindsay nodded her agreement.

“Well, I’m in no shape to see clients today, so I’m going to clean and file, and do whatever I can to keep busy until 3:30. Hold all my calls unless it’s family.”

“You’ve got it.” With another hug, Lindsay left the room. Stella turned up her radio and got to work, hoping the music would drown out her thoughts.

Chapter 18

Five days later, Valentine’s Day!

Alex made his way through the early morning traffic around Chicago. He had spent the last five days in his parents’ cabin in Southern Illinois. It was secluded and no one knew he was there since he had his own set of keys.

Alex had relived what he saw in Stella’s studio hundreds of times, and it still made him nauseous. How could he ever trust another woman again? But he couldn’t hide out in the cabin forever, and decided to come home and face reality.

He called Kyle once, but only got his voicemail. Now before he could go back to his place, he needed to get his key back. As he pulled onto Kyle’s street, he saw Kyle’s truck was in the driveway.

Alex parked his car and was coming around the side of the house, when Kyle came bursting out of his back door. He threw Alex’s key at him and yelled. “Get the fuck back in your car and forget that you ever knew me.” Then turned around and went back inside.

“What the fuck?” Alex wasn’t going anywhere until Kyle explained what that little episode was about. Alex opened Kyle’s back door and went inside.

“For a smart guy, you aren’t very bright. Get out!” Alex didn’t scare easily, but Kyle looked and sounded so menacing, he almost did leave.

“I’m not leaving until you explain what the fuck you are so mad about. I just got back in town. What could I have done to piss you off?” Kyle was standing in his kitchen pacing.

“Remember the time I told you that you were nothing like Kevin; that you could never come close?” Alex nodded. “Well, I lied. You’re worse than that son of a bitch. I can’t even stand to look at you right now.”

That got Alex’s attention. “Let me get this straight. In the five days I’ve been gone, I’ve gone from your best friend to lower than Kevin Montgomery?”

“Yup…now get out.” Kyle walked to his living room, but Alex followed.

“Do you care to explain this to me? Or am I just supposed to accept the fact I’m losing my best friend, of twelve years, with no questions asked?” Alex had already lost Stella, he couldn’t lose Kyle, too.

“Have you seen Stella yet?” Wow, change of subject much.

“No, I came straight here to get my key. I don’t care if I see her or not.” Before Alex knew what was happening, Kyle had him pinned against the wall.

“Listen and listen good; Stella is one of the greatest people you’ve ever had in your life. And because you are such a self-righteous son of a bitch, you have probably lost her forever.” Alex tried to push Kyle off of him, but Kyle had an inch in height and about twenty pounds of muscle on him. Damn firefighter.

“Get off of me, Kyle. You don’t know what I saw, what she was doing.” Kyle let go of him so suddenly he almost fell on his ass. Kyle pointed to the couch and told him to sit down.

Alex did as he was told. He didn’t have a death wish after all. “What you saw was Stella crying into Kevin’s chest, because Victoria had just called to tell her that her mother was killed in a car accident.”

Any air that was in Alex’s lungs evaporated. He struggled to breathe, but was able to get his questions out. “What do you mean? Tina’s dead? When? What happened? Is Stella ok?”

Kyle plopped himself down in the recliner and seemed to lose all the fight he had seconds ago. “Sunday morning. She was drunk and drove the wrong way down the interstate. She hit head on with a semi. It killed her instantly. They buried her yesterday.”

“Oh God, how is she?” Alex sat in shock; poor Stella. He hadn’t been here for her. Then he remembered what he saw. “But why was she there with Kevin in the first place.”

17. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 36

“She’s Stella… stubborn and not talking about it. And to answer your other question, it’s because Heidi set the whole thing up.” Alex just stared at Kyle in confusion. “That night we were at the bar, Heidi’s friend overheard our conversation about you and Stella’s relationship. Heidi had told them you were engaged and when she learned the truth, she figured you would fall for her and leave Stella. Just like Kevin did.”

“Why would she do that? I don’t even know her.”

“It’s called money, Alex. The woman is a gold digger and knew you had more money than Kevin. Especially after that article in the Tribune a while back. So she figured she could come over and tell you these lies about Stella, and you’d fall for them.”

Alex groaned. “And I did.” He felt lower than pond scum.

“Yes, you did. Heidi called Stella to meet her at her studio, under the pretense of going through proofs because Kevin would be leaving on a trip. When Stella got there, she got the call from Vicki, and then Kevin showed up because Heidi had told him to meet her there. She was crying and told him what was going on. He was hugging her to calm her down.”

Alex didn’t think he could listen to anymore. “I need some air.”

Alex made it to the railing of the porch before he lost his breakfast. Kyle was by his side a minute later. “Here,” Kyle said thrusting a bottle of water at him and he downed it. They stood quietly for a while, and then the cold was too much and they went back in.

Alex couldn’t believe how badly he had messed up. How he ruined the best thing that had ever made him feel alive. Alex was the first one to break the silence. “What about the late night meetings? The phone calls? Were they all lies, too?”

“Heidi was at all of those late meetings; ask Lindsay because she was there, too. As for the phone calls, Heidi told Stella to call Kevin’s phone anytime she needed something. Apparently, this was her plan all along after she found out you were with Stella. Her finding out about the fake engagement just happened to be a bonus.”

Alex couldn’t move. He had hurt the most important person in his life over…nothing. What was wrong with him? “So nothing happened with Kevin?”

Kyle cleared his throat and it looked like he was trying to suppress a smile or a laugh. Alex couldn’t decide which. “Not exactly.” Alex gave him a hard look and Kyle did laugh. “Calm down, it’s not what you think.”

“I’m thinking a lot of things right now, so spill it.” Alex was barely holding onto his sanity.

“If you would have stuck around another few minutes that night, you would have seen Kevin try to kiss Stella.” Alex was fighting to contain his anger, but Kyle went on. “And then you would have seen him get slapped and kicked in the balls.”

Alex smiled for the first time in almost a week. “She should have done that three years ago. I guess I know what I have to look forward to now. I never should have left.”

Kyle lost all of his humor. “No, you shouldn’t have. Alex, you hurt Stella more than anyone else ever has. She gave you her heart and soul, and you crushed it. You didn’t trust her. I want things to work out with the two of you, but you have to prepare yourself for the possibility that it’s not going to happen.”

Stella had once told him that not everyone had the perfect life like he did. That statement had never felt more real to him. Things had always come so easy to him, and now he didn’t have the first clue how he was going to fix the mess he made.

“How did you find out? Heidi couldn’t have admitted it.”

“Oh, well we were trying to figure out how Heidi found out about the engagement, when Stella remembered the blonde. Her name is Claire, by the way.” Alex moved his hand to tell Kyle to get on with it.

“Anyway, I can be very charming when I want to be. I found Claire the other day, and after a few drinks she told me everything.” Kyle sat back, grinning. “The funniest part is the wedding is still on. When you didn’t come running, Heidi figured she might as well marry Kevin.”

“So she tried to move onto me, he tried to kiss Stella, and neither of them know what the other did?” Alex didn’t think people could be that dumb.

“I guess not.” They sat there for a little while longer, when Alex thought of a plan that could go a long way in getting Stella to forgive him.

“Why do you look like an evil genius right now? And why do I have a feeling I’m going to be involved?” All Alex could do was smirk at Kyle.

“Do you have any clothes suitable for a church? I have a sudden desire to go to Kevin and Heidi’s wedding.” Alex could see the wheels turning in Kyle’s head. When all the gears clicked into place, Kyle turned to him.

“You really want to do this?” Alex only nodded.

“Then I say let’s get dressed for a wedding. It is Valentine’s Day after all.”

Alex and Kyle pulled up to the church and parked out front. They had arrived well after all the other guests, but didn’t plan on staying long and would need to get to the car quickly. “Last chance, you sure you want to go through with this?” Kyle asked.

“These two people have caused more heartache and pain than anyone deserves. I only wish I could do more.” Alex was ready to give both of them exactly what was coming to them.

“Give me the keys. I want to be able to leave as soon as we’re done, just in case there are angry brothers or something.” Alex hadn’t thought about that.

“Good idea.” After one last deep inhale, he said, “Let’s do this.” They exited the car and headed up the steps. Once inside, there was a small lobby area and two large doors in front of them. With a final look between them, Alex opened the doors.

“Stop the wedding!”

Every head in the church turned to look at Alex; including Heidi and Kevin. Alex walked a few feet down the long aisle and stopped. Kyle had stayed back in the shadows of the lobby, waiting.

“Alex? What do you think you are doing?” Kevin looked a mix between confused and angry.

“I can’t let this wedding happen. Heidi belongs with me. I’ve known it since the day I met her. I have to fight for her.” There were a few gasps and murmurs, but other than that everyone waited for Heidi’s answer, especially Alex. He had kept a straight face this long, but didn’t know how much longer it would last.

Not surprisingly, Heidi turned to Kevin immediately. “I’m sorry. I can’t marry you. I want to be with Alex.” After picking up the bottom of her dress, she practically ran down the aisle to Alex. He grabbed her hand and ran outside as fast as her dress allowed. Kevin left in stunned disbelief.

Once they were outside, Alex saw Kyle head to the car and dropped Heidi’s hand like it was a poisonous snake. “I’m so glad you finally came to your senses.” Heidi was practically beaming.

“I did. I came to realize what a horrible, manipulative, backstabbing bitch you are; someone that should be wiped of the face of this Earth. But, since I’m not that fond of jail, I had to settle for the next best thing; ruining your wedding and the cushy lifestyle that came with it.” Heidi went from beaming to vicious in the blink of an eye.

“You son of a bitch.” Her hand swung to slap him, but he had anticipated that move and stepped back. The doors opened again and Kevin was standing on the top step. Heidi looked at him and her face changed again. Now, it was a pleading, take-me-back look.

18. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 37

“Kevin. I don’t know what I was thinking. It all happened so fast. I will marry you. I love you.” Heidi started moving toward him, but he raised it in a stopping motion, and turned to Alex.

“Did Stella put you up to this?”

“Nope, because of the two of you, I’ve probably lost Stella forever. You see, Heidi here orchestrated this big elaborate scheme to get me away from Stella. The late night meetings, the phone calls, and last Sunday she sent you to Stella’s studio while she came to my apartment. She told me how you and Stella were cheating on us and we should comfort each other.” Kevin was now staring at a very pale Heidi.

It looked like Heidi was trying to talk, but Alex went on.

“But I didn’t take her up on the offer. I did, however, go to Stella’s office and see you holding her. And being the idiot I am, actually thought she was cheating on me. Now she doesn’t want anything to do with me.” Saying it aloud made Alex feel like a bigger jackass than before.

“So if Heidi was the one to do all of this, why are you blaming me, too?” Kevin really was dumb.

“Because, you asshole, you tried to kiss Stella. You took advantage of her vulnerability over her mom and tried to make a move on my girlfriend. And there is the small matter of you cheating on her three years ago.” It took all of Alex’s willpower to not punch the bastard.

Alex could see more people coming out and wanted to get out of there fast. “Now that I’ve accomplished my goal, I can leave. I hope the two of you are very miserable for the rest of your lives. Ta Ta!”

Heidi lunged toward him one more time as he took off down the rest of the stairs, into the waiting car. “Go!”

Kyle peeled out and sped away from the church. “I can’t believe you actually did it. That may be the greatest thing I’ve ever witnessed.”

Alex thought he would feel a little bit bad after, but he didn’t. Now that he had taken care of that little problem, he had a much bigger one. Alex still didn’t know what to do about Stella.

“Where do you want to go to now?”

“Your house; I have to drop you off, and hope Stella is home so I can start my begging and pleading.”

“Begging and pleading? You do realize you are talking about Stella, right; the most stubborn woman in the world? No amount of begging is going to work on her. You need something big, bigger than big, to even have a fighting chance.” Kyle kept driving as Alex contemplated what Kyle had just said.

As they drove in silence a little while, Keith Urban was singing about stupid boys on the radio. Even the radio knew Alex was an idiot. And as he listened to the words of the song, it was as though it was meant for him.

“I’ve never had to apologize to a woman before. I’m walking blind into this, Man.” Kyle looked like he was giving it real thought.

“Stella isn’t like other women. You can’t buy her pretty jewelry and flowers, and expect everything to be ok. Stella hates all that shit, so your wallet can’t save you.” Alex knew all of this, but that didn’t help him much right now.

They took the exit ramp near Kyle’s house, and when they passed a sports bar it gave Alex a brilliant idea. “I think you’re wrong. My wallet may be the key to this whole thing; or at least part of it. I’m still going to have to risk bodily harm to set it all up.”

“What are you talking about? Are you going to try and talk to Stella? Because after she told me what she did to Kevin, you might want to consider doing that over the phone.” Alex just shook his head.

“I will try to talk to Stella when I get home. But that’s not who I’m scared of.”

“Then who are you scared of?” Kyle asked with clear confusion.

“Victoria.” She was so protective of Stella. It was going to be like walking into the lion’s den.

“Why are you going to talk to Victoria? She will kill you.” Alex didn’t doubt that for a second.

“She’s going to be the only chance I have at making my plan work.” It had to work, because if it didn’t he didn’t have a plan B.

Alex had never been in Color Me Beautiful, but he had seen plenty of photos from when he designed the website. It was bright, cheerful, and the pictures didn’t do it justice. There were a few customers getting their hair and nails done that he could see.

“You must have balls of steel or be incredibly stupid for showing your face in here.” Ah, Victoria. Just the person he wanted to see.

“Hi Vicki, it’s nice to see you, too. And to answer your question, it’s the second one.” She glared at him. Don’t poke the bear, Alex, he scolded himself.

“At least we agree on something. Now leave.” Vicki was in mama bear mode.

“I need to talk to you. Can we go to your office? Please, it’s important.” If she wouldn’t even talk to him, he was screwed. All his planning would be for nothing. He watched her war with herself, and then pointed toward the back.

“You have two minutes to convince me not to cut your balls off and shove them down your throat.” He tried not to laugh as her customers gasped. They probably thought Victoria was kidding. He knew better. She’d do it in a heartbeat.

Victoria started walking, and he very promptly followed. Once her office door was closed, she turned around and kicked him in the shin. “Ow. Damn it, Vicki.” Alex grabbed his throbbing shin and tried to rub the pain away.

“Be glad I didn’t aim higher.” He was.

“I guess I deserve that.” And when she looked like she was going to kick him again, he quickly added, “Ok, I did deserve that.”

“You deserve much worse for what you’ve put Stella through this week. I thought you were different, Alex, but you are no better than Kevin or Heidi.” Vicki had thankfully taken the seat behind her desk. His body was safe for now. Alex took the chair in front of her desk and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and stared at the floor.

“I know. Kyle told me what really happened.” Alex lifted his head to look directly in Victoria’s eyes. “But I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to Stella, if that’s what it takes. I can’t lose her, Vicki. I love her and I want to fight for her.”

“What makes you think you deserve to have her back? You deserted my sister on a day she could have used you most. We buried our mother yesterday, and Stella was alone. Family is one thing, but you were this bright light in her life, and then you just disappeared. And for what; all because you assumed some lies a dumb bitch told you were true?”

Victoria wasn’t holding back and Alex wanted to hear all of it. “You didn’t trust Stella or the love she felt for you enough to give her the benefit of the doubt. You just packed her shit and yours and left. What kind of man does that make you?”

“Not a very good one. And believe me; once my mother finds out about my stupidity, I will never hear the end of it. And she’ll probably try and tan my ass.” That wasn’t a conversation he was looking forward to. “But I will deal with whatever I have to. Now, you said the love Stella felt; as in past tense? She doesn’t love me anymore?”

Alex couldn’t bear to hear Vicki say yes. “Of course Stella still loves you. She can’t just turn something like that on and off. But that doesn’t mean she’s going to take you back, and if she doesn’t want to, you will not push her. You will put your tail between your legs and walk away. Do you hear me?”

19. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 38

“I can’t promise that, Vicki. I love her. And if there is even the smallest chance I can have her back in my life, I will fight for it.” And he would every second, of every day, until she gave in and gave him another chance. Hopefully, it wouldn’t take that long, though.

“So why are you here talking to me? What do I have to do with any of this?” Ah, the plan.

“I have this plan, but if you don’t give Stella these,” he pulled out two envelopes and placed them on her desk, “and say they are from you, it won’t work because if you don’t go with her she would get suspicious; and I know she won’t take them from me.”

Victoria leaned forward and opened first one envelope, then the other. Her eyes widened beyond the point Alex thought possible. “You are one crazy, over the top bastard. I’ll give you that. But how is this going to work if I’m there instead of you?”

“I’ll be there, too. Mine’s right next to those.” Vicki stared at him and then stared some more. He was starting to sweat, waiting for her to answer. Finally she did.

“You have your pick of women, why my sister?” Not at all what he expected her to say, but it was a fair question.

“I’ve loved your sister since the day I met her, Vicki. I’ve thought of little else since she moved into Spring Towers three years ago. For the longest time, I convinced myself that our friendship was more important than my feelings for her. But after the last month, I’ve seen my future and she’s it. She is smart, funny, motivated, warm, caring, and way too good for me.”

Vicki had tears in her eyes as she answered him. “You’re right. She is too good for you. But I’ve never seen my sister happier than she was this last month. She took time for herself and her confidence has never been higher. If you promise to never, and I mean never, pull some shit like this again, I will help you.”

Alex relaxed into the chair; one Howe sister on his side, now he just needed to convince the other one. So he and Vicki went over his plan; he just hoped it worked.

Chapter 19

“Valentine’s Day sucks.” Stella was huddled under a blanket on her couch, eating ice cream and watching TV. When she had got home earlier, she immediately put on her sweats, t-shirt, and piled her hair on top of her head. If you are going to be miserable, might as well be comfortable.

The whole week had gone by in a blur. When she wasn’t working, Stella was at home, drowning her sorrows in junk food and wine. She hadn’t slept a full night since Alex left and she hated that she had let a man affect her like that again. Lindsay and Victoria had tried to cheer her up. They even offered to have a Bruce Willis movie marathon, and they hated action movies, but she had refused.

At work, she let Frank do the photo shoots. With the bags under her eyes, she was liable to scare the children that came in. But Stella hadn’t been able to hide out the whole week. Yesterday had been her mom’s funeral, and a more difficult day then Stella imagined.

Stella and Vicki had a small funeral and finally laid their mom to rest. There really wasn’t anyone there, but for Stella it was something she needed. To let go of the years of pain and sadness this woman had caused her.

Stella hadn’t tried to call Alex anymore after Monday morning. There was no point. She wouldn’t be taking him back, and obviously he didn’t care one way or the other. He hadn’t tried to get in contact with her once. Men, who needs them?

She had survived horrible things in her life before, and this time would be no different. She did not need a man to complete her. She would recover from her broken heart and move on. Maybe she would put herself out there again eventually, but not for a very long time.

Something else she would have to do again was move because of a man. No matter how strong she was, living next to Alex was not going to work for her. When he started dating again, she wouldn’t be able to see or hear him with another woman without sharp stabs of pain. Once the weather warmed up in a few months she would start her search.

She was just flipping through the channels again, when someone knocked on her door. She wasn’t expecting anyone, and she looked like hell. She would just ignore it and hope they went away. It was probably just the wrong apartment or something.

She thought whoever it was had went away, but another knock came. Damn. Stella untangled herself from her blanket and sat the ice cream on the table. Making her way to the door, Stella flipped the lock and opened it. And just as quickly as she had opened the door, she closed it. Alex was standing at her door.

What the hell? She hadn’t even heard him come home. Well, he could just go back to his apartment and leave her alone. Did he really expect her to welcome him back with open arms? He could think again.

“I guess that answers my first question,” Alex said through the door. She would not ask him. She would not ask him. Just go back to the couch and ignore him.

“What question?” Damn. A part of her obviously wanted to know why he was here.

“If we can talk; although I can do it through the door if you want. I think I might be safer that way. I hear you’ve got a vicious right kick.” Stella started to crack a smile, but stopped herself. She would not allow him to joke his way out of this.

“Well at least your hearing works, because your eye sight sucks.” She still couldn’t believe he thought he saw her embracing Kevin. Ew!

“Stella, I really want to talk to you, but I don’t want the rest of our neighbors to hear. Can I please come in?” Stella warred with herself and finally decided she would let him say his peace and send him home.

Opening the door again, she gestured him in to her apartment. The place was a mess and so was she, but if he didn’t like it the door was right there. She walked back to the couch and cuddled into her blanket again. Stella was no longer in the mood for ice cream, so she left it melting in the container.

Alex was standing by the arm of the couch at the opposite end. He looked as bad as she did. He had a couple days growth on his normally bare face, dark circles shadowed his blue eyes, and it looked like he had been running his hands through his hair repeatedly.

He hadn’t said anything since coming in, so Stella sat watching TV. If he wanted to talk, he could start it. She hadn’t done anything wrong and refused to cave. When he finally spoke, she jumped.

“I’m sorry.” That was it? That was the best he had after the worst six days of her life?

“Do you feel better now? Then you can leave.” Well, that should let him know how she feels. She would not yell or scream. She felt too hollow for that. She had lost her heart, and no amount of arguing would bring it back. And an “I’m sorry” didn’t begin to make up for it.

“No, I feel terrible.” That made two of them. “There are no words I can say to take away the pain I’ve caused you, Stella. And if I could, I would go back to Sunday and do everything different, but I can’t. All I can say is how sorry I am. I’ve recently been shown the error of my ways and set straight about what happened.”

Stella didn’t want to hear any of this. Alex being sorry wasn’t the issue. He believed she could betray him like that and didn’t trust her enough to wait for an explanation. It had taken her three years to trust a man again. And when she finally let down her defenses, it was thrown in her face.

20. novelonline

Tham gia:
    29/10/2015
    Bài viết:
    Đã được thích:
    Điểm thành tích:
    A Different Kind of Fairy Tale Page 39

“I’m not getting back together with you.”

“I understand that, but for three years you have been a huge part of my life and I wanted the chance to try and salvage even a small part of our friendship.” Stella stopped staring at the TV and turned her attention to Alex.

“You told me when all of this started that my friendship was important to you, that we would always be friends. And now look what happened. The first sign of trouble and you run. The one thing you asked me not to do. I changed a very big part of myself for you, and you destroyed it all over again.”

“Stella you never gave me one reason to doubt you. I let jealousy, which I didn’t even know I possessed, blind me and reacted to what I had seen in front of me. I saw my girlfriend in another man’s arms. And all logic escaped me.” Alex had been jealous of Kevin? Please.

“So jealousy made you act like an asshole? It had nothing to do with Heidi filling your head with a lot of bullshit first. Bullshit that you chose to believe the second you saw Kevin and me together.”

Alex was shifting his weight from foot to foot. “Believe me, I feel lower than dirt for how I acted. What I should have seen was my best friend and the woman I love, in trouble, but all of her words fit in that one moment. I should have said something, but I didn’t want to hear the ‘let’s be friends’ speech. I was a coward and what I did was unforgivable. I can only hope that one day you’ll forgive me enough to let me back in your life.”

A single tear slid down Stella’s cheek. She wanted him to take her in his arms and kiss away the pain. Erase the nightmares of this past week. But if she gave into him, it would be like exposing herself to all that hurt again. She was barely surviving now; if he did it again, she wouldn’t.

“Maybe one day I will understand what you were thinking, but today isn’t that day. I wanted what we had more than anything, and you ripped that away from me. I thought you were my happily ever after, but I don’t think I believe in those anymore.”

Alex moved to the coffee table in front of her and sat down. When he reached for her hands, she moved them under the blanket. If he touched her she would be to overcome with emotion to keep her few defenses up. Stella saw the pain in Alex’s eyes at her move, but he masked it quickly.

“One day your fairytale will come true, Stella. I know it. You just have a very different story line in yours.” His words bewildered Stella. Then from out of nowhere, it seemed, Alex had a single white daisy in his hand. He placed it in her lap and gave her a small smile.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Stella. I love you. I will leave for now, but know I’m not done trying to prove to you that you can trust me and that I trust you. I just had a momentary lapse of stupidity; one that I fully plan to rectify.”

Alex got up and before she knew what was happening, he placed a kiss to the top of her head. His warmth and scent surrounded her. She wanted him to kiss her again and again, but he walked to the door and left.

She stared at the flower for a long time after he left; a simple flower that Stella appreciated more than a whole bouquet of roses. She stretched out on the couch and thought about everything he said. He wasn’t going to give up, but she didn’t change her mind easily. He had his work cut out for him.

Sunday morning, Stella’s cell phone woke her up. She flung her arm out and smacked around on the nightstand until she found it. She answered it on a yawn.

“Hello?”

“You’re still in bed? What is wrong with you? It is almost noon.” Vicki was annoyingly chipper today.

“I was sleeping well for the first time in almost a week. Go away.” She was about to hang up when Vicki’s loud mouth screamed through the phone.

“Don’t you dare hang up on me; I need to come see you. I have a surprise for you.” With Victoria, surprises should be entered into with caution. You never knew with her.

“What is it? And how long do I have to sleep before you get here?” Hopefully it was a few more hours.

“I will be there, right now.” Stella heard the pounding on the door seconds later. Of course Vicki would give her no warning. She felt like hell and probably looked worse. Brat!

“Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be there in a minute.” Stella hung up and threw her phone on the bed beside her. After putting on her robe, she went to let Vicki in.

“About time; it’s February out here, you know.” Stella rolled her eyes and let Vicki walk through. “By the way, this was on your doormat.” In Vicki’s hand was a single yellow daisy. It went perfectly with the white one from yesterday. Stella took it into the kitchen and put it in a small vase with the other one.

“What’s with the random flower, or two from the looks of it?”

“Alex gave me the white one last night when he came over to apologize. My guess is that one’s from him too; all part of his ‘not giving up’ plan.” Stella had thought about it last night, and didn’t think she could handle just being friends with him. After all they had been through; she wanted more than friendship if she did forgive him.

“You let him in? That surprises me. Maybe you’re not as done with him as you said. Maybe deep inside you miss him and want him back.” Vicki had a knowing look in her eyes and Stella didn’t like it.

“I don’t want to talk about it. He apologized, gave me the flower, and said something weird about me having a different kind of fairytale, and then he left. Two flowers do not make up for all that pain.”

“Of course not, it was silly of me to bring it up.” Vicki thrust two envelopes in her direction. “Here.”

“What are you up to?” Stella opened the first envelope and it was two plane tickets to Miami, Florida for next Saturday. Why was Vicki taking her to Miami?

“What are these for?”

“Open the next envelope and you’ll see.” Stella lifted the flap on the next one and almost fell over. She let out the loudest scream of her life and threw herself on her sister, knocking them both to the ground.

“You did this for me? How did you? Oh my God. These are real? I’m really going to the Super Bowl? Ahhhhhhh!” Stella couldn’t stop hugging her sister or randomly screaming with joy.

“I take it you are happy?” Vicki had an amused look on her face.

“I’m ecstatic. But Vicki, this is too much. This whole trip had to cost you a fortune.” Stella had no intention of giving the tickets back, but she at least had to say something to make herself feel better about accepting such an over the top present.

“You deserve it, and those tickets were bought with all the love in the world for you. It’s going to be life changing.” Vicki winked at her.

“So we leave Saturday? What are we going to do until the game on Sunday?” Stella had never been to Miami and was looking forward to seeing the beach to get some great pictures and all the other sights.

“We have all inclusive passes to enjoy all the pre-game parties and activities they have going on. We will be busy until game time.” This kept getting better and better. Someone needed to pinch her. Stella’s smile was going to be permanently on her face after this next weekend.

Stella was still jumping around, when she had the urge to go tell Alex all about it. But she stopped herself from heading to the door and Victoria could see it. “You know you want to, Stella. Go tell him.”

Chia sẻ trang này